Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Upgrade on Rampage III Gene

Hi Guys,

I'm willing to upgrade my memory on my computer, but first, here is my configuration :

Rampage III Gene
    i7 2.8 @ 4.2Ghz
    F3-12800CL7-2GBTDS (3x 2GB Trident memory) working at 800Mhz at 1.65v, timings are : 7-7-7-24.

I'd like to add 3 modules of 2GB but the only one I can find is the F3-12800CL6-2GBTD and I would like to be sure it will be compatible with my system, and, of course, working at 800Mhz with the same timings and voltage...

Many thanks for your help.
    regards,
    julien

We can not be certain since they were not test together. But as far as matching specifications, the CL6 can be capable of CL7, so that is no problem. The issue is whether the chips are close enough to work together. If you would not like to take the chance, I would suggest apply for RMA, that way you can send back your existing kit for credit + money, to exchange for a 12GB kit.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.
      I'm about to fill the RMA request form but I'm wondering what I should put in "Reason for RMA" because I don't know if an upgrade is a sufficient reason for a RMA.

Thanks again
      regards

Comment

Might want to just reference this thread, it's:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=8359

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

That's perfectly fine, but just make sure you tell the RMA dept. in email what you want to exchange for, etc. etc. Otherwise, they don't know what to do with it when they get it, and they will send you the same kit back.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X