Overclocking failed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking failed!

I have a Asus P8P67 Pro motherboard and a Core i7 2600 CPU. I'm using 4 2G sticks of Gskill F3-12800CL7-2GBECO RAM. The only overclocking is that I have the RAM overclocked to get the spec-ed 1600.
    I have twohard drivess installed. One is has W7 64bit and the other XP Home.
    The problem I'm having is every once and a while when I restart or cold boot I get a message saying overclocking failed and I have to press F1 and enter set up. I make no changes and everything works fine. This only happens once every 10 or 15 starts.
    I ran Memtest for 3 passes with no errors. I also ran Prime95 for 4 hours with no problems.
    Any suggestions?

First ensure you have the latest BIOS, then check the DRAM voltage, may have to raise it a tad, possibly start with + .05.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I started at 1.35 but couldn't even boot. I increased by .00625 intervals until Memtest ran with no errors. This ended up being 1.4 volts. Should I increase another .00625?

Comment

The 1.4 is about where I was thinking (1.35 + .05 = 1.4). If all is well and stable, can still add a little more as you suggest (from the suggested .00625 to .01350 or so) which would aid in maintaining stability under high load, or could well be good as is. Some BIOSs have trouble with the newer, low voltage sticks like these rated at 1.35 or the new line of Snipers at 1.25

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yeah, I kind of thought that. 4 dimms of 2G is not on the QVL list. 2 dimms of 2G is, however. Looks like I might have to sell these and get some different RAM.

Comment

The voltage is safe for the sticks and the mobo, The base voltage setting, you easily can run .1 over the base designation and be safe, this is done to allow for BIOS stagger and out of date BIOSs, poorly written BIOSs, etc

Tman

Comment

Okay, I'll bump the voltage a little.

Comment

Keep us informed if you would, like to see what people are doing

Tman

Comment

The bump in voltage seems to have things fixed. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X