baymavi - vevobahis - mobilbahis - https://guncelgirisi.com/. instagram takipçi satın al - instagram takipçi satın al mobil ödeme

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

p6t deluxe 1600 defaulting at 1033 solution

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • p6t deluxe 1600 defaulting at 1033 solution

    When running 12 g.skill ddr3 (f3-12800cl9t) 1600 on a p6t deluxe. The memory defaults to 1033 mhz. To remidy this one must go into bios change the memory from auto (1033) to 1600. We are not done though. This is important!
    When doing this the dram voltage defaults up to 1.8v (check turbov) which (according to intel) is too much voltage, it will cause damage to the chip (max 1.5v). To remedy this go into the dram voltage and manualy change it to 1.5v (1.4v)
    Now before you reboot you must manually change the qpi/dram in bios to around 1.333. Before i did this my computer wouldn't boot at 1.5v dram. Done!
    Now if you test it in prime95 or whatever you will have a stable system running everything the way it should!

  • #2
    Thanks for sharing that, I'll save this one. Did you keep the timings at stock..or tweak them any?


    Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

    Tman

    Comment


    • #3
      what bios u running
      cause mine defaults to 1066 like u say but ram volts is 1.5 default
      any other setting u would like to share and what bios ????
      im getting memory is writing to read only memery error....
      dam this is bad for a new puter

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by dajupe View Post
        When running 12 g.skill ddr3 (f3-12800cl9t) 1600 on a p6t deluxe. The memory defaults to 1033 mhz. To remidy this one must go into bios change the memory from auto (1033) to 1600. We are not done though. This is important!
        When doing this the dram voltage defaults up to 1.8v (check turbov) which (according to intel) is too much voltage, it will cause damage to the chip (max 1.5v). To remedy this go into the dram voltage and manualy change it to 1.5v (1.4v)
        Now before you reboot you must manually change the qpi/dram in bios to around 1.333. Before i did this my computer wouldn't boot at 1.5v dram. Done!
        Now if you test it in prime95 or whatever you will have a stable system running everything the way it should!
        we have to correct some things...
        all memory above DDR3 1333 needs to be set manually in BIOS, including DDR3 1600
        or it would only run at DDR3 1066, which is supported officially by Intel
        and the memory voltage should be set to 1.5-1.6v while running DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24 2T
        1.5v is JEDEC standard memory voltage for DDR 3 memory module
        according to Intel datasheet, 1.65v is the maximum voltage for memory on Intel X58 chipset
        more than 1.65v may harm the CPU
        thanks


        G.S

        Comment


        • #5
          GSkill,
          Isn't your post what Dajupe said. Change from auto to 1600, and reset the voltage?

          Far-Cough,
          Not positive, but I think he means the voltage kicks up when you change to 1600 and then you have to lower it yourself and make the qpi/ram set to 1.333


          Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

          Tman

          Comment


          • #6
            manually set timings too. forgot to put that in. really should be more info on this. i had to work it all out.

            Comment


            • #7
              dajupe,
              Glad you did, and even more-so that you posted it.


              Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

              Tman

              Comment


              • #8
                to g.s. i have to correct some things.
                you basically said what i said but forgot to mention the qpi/dram. i don't understand the point of your message. however this information should be more readily available by you guys.

                Comment


                • #9
                  To tradesmen not a problem, hope it helps!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    To far cough, am running bios version 302. Like tradesmen said. The default dram voltage increases from 1.5v to 1.8v when you manually change the memories frequency. MUST MANUALLY CHANGE the dram votage back to 1.5v! Also change the qpi/dram to 1.33v.
                    It sounds like you might have some other issues with memory though. Tell us how you go!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
                      GSkill,
                      Isn't your post what Dajupe said. Change from auto to 1600, and reset the voltage?

                      Far-Cough,
                      Not positive, but I think he means the voltage kicks up when you change to 1600 and then you have to lower it yourself and make the qpi/ram set to 1.333
                      what we correct is about the voltage
                      thanks


                      G.S

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by dajupe View Post
                        to g.s. i have to correct some things.
                        you basically said what i said but forgot to mention the qpi/dram. i don't understand the point of your message. however this information should be more readily available by you guys.
                        please notice the different voltage

                        as for qpi voltage, it is not necessary to be changed while running DDR3 1600
                        thanks


                        G.S

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Gskill
                          Was wondering, did you guys actually test this (now), Dajupe's post here was in part to help Far-cough from his post, in it You suggested to him to increase the QPI voltage, but here you say there is no need, sort of confusing, to one person you say increase it, to another (here) you say there is no need,


                          Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

                          Tman

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            normally, it does not need to increase QPI voltage while running at DDR3 1600 on X58
                            however, some motherboard or cpu may not be strong enough to run DDR3 1600
                            then you'll need to increase qpi voltage to help make it more stable
                            thanks


                            G.S

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              to G.S.
                              voltage defaults to 1.8v without telling you in bios when changing to 1600mhz. This is the problem i am solving! The only reason i saw this was in TurboV when i was actually (dangerously!) running vista. it defaults to this value without saying anything! qpi change was neccessary on my board.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X