Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4gb ripjaws ram wont work with my amd board!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4gb ripjaws ram wont work with my amd board!

hey guys, i ordered 2x4GB ram sticks and my computer doesnt boot with both of them in. I know all my ram slots are ok and all the ram is okay, but my computer will only boot with at most 1 of the 2 sticks of ram.

What mobo do you have? Do you have the latest BIOS? What CPU and speed is it at? What set of Ripjaws? Off the bat will prob need to raise the CPU/NB a bit and possibly add some voltage to the vCore, if the sticks are 1600 or higher will also prob need to OC a bit.

but, the last was all conjecture, need some info to work with........

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

i have the m4a79xtd evo. The problem when i put both ram sticks in is the computer wont even boot to the bios. I know for a fact all the ram slots are fine and all the ram sticks are fine from testing them through isolation. Its just when I put both sticks in the computer doesnt even start up properly.

CPU: 1090T @ 3.4ghz. I tried making the ram speed 1333 and ocing from 200- 240 like another tutorial said but nothing changed.

ripjaws is the 12800 type, ill link you to the new egg link, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231314

Comment

May not have enough voltage to CPU/NB to run two 4GB sticks, not knowing your settings, might try raising DRAM voltage +.05, CPU/NB +.05 and same with CPU (vCore), then if it boots OK and sees the sticks can try gradually lowering the voltages while maintaining stability

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
          May not have enough voltage to CPU/NB to run two 4GB sticks, not knowing your settings, might try raising DRAM voltage +.05, CPU/NB +.05 and same with CPU (vCore), then if it boots OK and sees the sticks can try gradually lowering the voltages while maintaining stability
          alright, will try that and report back in a ibt.

Comment

I'll be in and out all day, GSkill should be in before long

Tman

Comment

Doesn't work still ill tell you my voltages, cpu voltage 1.45 cpu/nb is 1.2, dram voltage is 1.6.
              Just tried cpu nb of 1.3 as well with same result.
              Last edited by buohuang; 04-25-2011, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Something definitely wrong somewhere (cpu voltage sounds high)....if you can get to BIOS w/ one stick, might reset all to defaults and start over....might also want to take a look at CPU and make sure no thermal compound seeped to bottom of CPU or into socket, no bent pins etc....

Tman

Comment

Something definitely wrong somewhere (cpu voltage sounds high)....if you can get to BIOS w/ one stick, might reset all to defaults and start over....might also want to take a look at CPU and make sure no thermal compound seeped to bottom of CPU or into socket, no bent pins etc....
                  i reset bios settings and tried again, and my cpu is fine. . i have no idea whats wrong.

Comment

omg wow nvm im stupid. its jsut on of the sticks isnt working. I tried replacing the working stick with the 2nd one and it didnt boot. Now i have to deal with RMA though, zzzz.

Comment

If just picked up recently, most stores and e-tail operations have at least a 30 day grace period so should be able to exchange, might check that first, if beyond their grace period will want to get in touch with rma@gskill.com (world, out of Taiwan) or in Americas rma@gskillusa.com

Tman

Comment

If just picked up recently, most stores and e-tail operations have at least a 30 day grace period so should be able to exchange, might check that first, if beyond their grace period will want to get in touch with rma@gskill.com (world, out of Taiwan) or in Americas rma@gskillusa.com
                        ohh, so I should go to new egg first if i want to RMA? cause i sent an email to RMA@gskillusa.com.

Comment

Working...
                        X