Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acceptance by GA-X58A-UD3R mobo of G.SKILL F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL

Dear Gskill forum,

Is there any reason that the GA-X58A-UD3R will not accept this (below)
    memory ?

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL

(URL at the end)

The GA-X58A-UD3R mobo manual (URL below ? page 16) seems to indicate that the GA-X58A-UD3R will accept 4 memory modules. In slots 1, 2, 3 and 5.
    Someone has written, in a forum, that the GA-X58A-UD3R mobo will not accept these 4 memory modules for 16 gigs. The package that the F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL comes in says ?for LGA 1156 platforms? and this mobo is a 1366 platform. But that should not make a difference for purposes of 3 channel memory on the GA-X58A-UD3R mobo - correct ?
    Thanks,
    Jerry

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...scrollFullInfo

GA-X58A-UD3R mobo manual -
    http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList...d3r_v2.0_e.pdf

Do you have the latest BIOS? Have you checked each stick individually with Memtest to make sure you don't have a bad stick? Have you tried three sticks in t-channel (slots 1-3-5) to see if that works? If so then can try adding the fourth stick in 2 (or maybe 4 or 6). If all fails, may try contacting them to see if there is any special trick required to get sticks to work in 1,2,3,5 - since they advertise that the combo of slots will work and what sticks/settings did they use to test that combo. GB is normally fairly good at responding (takes a day or so) via email and calling is problematic (no toll free number and can end up on hold for long periods)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Acceptance by GA-X58A-UD3R mobo of G.SKILL F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL

Tradesman,
      Thank you for your response. My question is actually in advance of opening the purchased G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB package. I have not yet met with a failure.

The (Gigabyte) GA-X58A-UD3R mobo manual (URL below ? page 16) seems to indicate that the GA-X58A-UD3R will accept 4 memory modules. In slots 1, 2, 3 and 5. (URL below)

And, on the Newegg site, where I purchased the ram, in the string of statements by purchasers, via Newegg, of this ram package, seem to imply, also, that LGA 1366 motherboards have accepted this exact ram. (Even though it is printed ?for LGA 1156 platforms? on the package) (url below)

HOWEVER - someone has written, in a forum, that the GA-X58A-UD3R mobo will not accept these, specific, 4 memory modules for 16 gigs.

Again, the package that the F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL comes in says ?for LGA 1156 platforms? and this mobo is a LGA 1366 platform. This is disconcerting, but my assumption is that what was printed on the package was printed prior to there being or existing a LGA 1366 platform (1156 platforms were earlier in time)

So, my question ? addressed to folks who have much more recent experience in this area is delivered prior to opening the package from the vendor. If I have to go through all of the RMA and return steps, I will. Presently I have a system with all of the components ready to go, but this final ram memory element is hanging. If there is no reason that this specific ram / memory would not work, - in other words, yes, it does work, then a/the burden is lifted off my shoulders.

I have built numbers of computer systems, over the years, - from way back. But this apparent contradiction of statements catalyzed me to seek help from you all in the younger generation.

So, again, it is not that this ram / memory has failed in this mobo. It is that there is conflicting data and I am seeking an expert word or two, as to whether it should work or not. Rather than why it would not be working.

I hope this clarifies things. But the hopeful clarification does not reduce my humble request for assistance.

Best, Jeff

GA-X58A-UD3R mobo manual -
      http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList...d3r_v2.0_e.pdf

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...scrollFullInfo

J

Comment

Misunderstood the original Post, as far as the set in question, while it may be aimed at the 1156 platform, the sticks will work fine in most anything (I.ve used the Ripjaws (L) on a number of new build (AMD, 775, 1155, 1156 most everything including 1366 (Triple channel), without missing a beat, except for 1 single bad stick (RMA was returned within days of them getting it), so wouldn't think you would have a problem other than maybe slight voltage adjustments.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Acceptance by GA-X58A-UD3R mobo of G.SKILL F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL

Thanks much, Tman. I don?t have your degree of up to date experience, as one can see with the number of systems that you have recently built.
          I expect that your response is all I needed to hear, and it is appreciated.
          Jeff

Comment

No problem, that's one of the reasons I help out here, so many different platforms available and the range of DRAM just keeps growing...these days, you have to Work at it just to keep up with what's available

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X