X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• memory recommendation for asrock x58 extreme

mainboard Asrock x58 extreme LGA 1366, bios version 2.60
    cpu Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz
    memory G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
    Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ

After trying to install this triple channel memory kit in dimm slots a1 b1 c1 the bios
    reading shows 4 gb memory dual channel with slot a1 listed as empty, b1 and c1
    filled. If I swap my 3 dimm modules around these three dimm slots, I still get the
    same thing, slot a1 empty, slots b1 and c1 with 2gb installed each. I thought that
    this memory was compatible, but I get the strange bios reading described above
    as well as only 4gb capacity displayed instead of 6gb.

What Gskill memory, preferably roughly equivalent to F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ, would
    be most compatible to run triple channel mode in the Asrock x58 extreme board?
    (The memory recommendation sheet on the product website is confusing to read)

edit, I did look at the I4memory.com page listed in sticky thread
    http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=5136 above, but there
    wasn't anything pertaining to Asrock boards.
    Last edited by wojo1; 04-23-2011, 04:24 AM. Reason: addendum

Do you have the latest BIOS, 2.8, dated 1-5-11? Can be found here:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.as...Extreme&o=BIOS

Part of it is a major patch for 1600 DRAM.

If so, and still have the problem, and after trying different sticks in Slot 1 would guess you have a bad slot in the mobo or their patch in the BIOS wasn't effective. Could contact their support at ericlin@asrockamerica.com (but don't hold your breath, they've been ignoring some request of mine for a week now (am returning the mobo)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X