Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800cl7q-16gbxh + asus p8p67-m pro

Hi,

I recently ordered the 4x4GB memory kit (F3-12800CL7Q-16GBXH), and i can't get it to go into X.M.P. mode on my ASUS P8P67-M PRO without it crashing windows on startup, and randomly freezing the bios when i'm in there.

I've tried the sticks in 8 gig configs, and they work fine (both sets) with X.M.P. turned on, but when i put them all together it blows up.

Does anyone know of a special recipe of settings that need to be put in the ASUS bios to get this to work (similar to the MSI tweak)? I really just want this to work as advertised with the 7-8-7-24 timings @ 1.6, but right now i'm stuck on 9-9-9-28 @ 1.65 in order to run windows at all, which wrecks the value proposition of this ram.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

ps. I searched through the forum to see if anyone else had this problem in this configuration and couldn't find any threads. If there are some and i missed them, i apologize in advance.

May have to increase the voltages for QPI/VTT and the vCore a little at a time (maybe .05), also may want to disable SpeedStep in BIOS.
    If getting BSODs, some of these codes and info might help also

0x124 = add/remove vcore or QPI/VTT voltage (usually Vcore, once it was QPI/VTT)
    0x101 = add more vcore
    0x50 = RAM timings/Frequency add DDR3 voltage or add QPI/VTT
    0x1E = add more vcore
    0x3B = add more vcore
    0xD1 = add QPI/VTT voltage
    “0x9C = QPI/VTT most likely, but increasing vcore has helped in some instances”
    0X109 = add DDR3 voltage
    0x0A = add QPI/VTT voltage

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi Tman, thanks for the information.

I've been playing around with the VCCIO and DRAM voltage and it's giving me crashes at various stages of windows 7 startup. When it BSOD's at this stage, the machine restarts instantly so i can't grab the error codes.

I wasn't expecting to have to spend any time on this, as the 4gb kit i'm upgrading from is also gskill with the exact same speed and timing specifications, but without the problems. I've already put 3 or 4 hours into figuring this out (time i definitely don't have) when i was expecting plug and play. With that in mind, can i ask you one more question: is this normal for 16gb kits?

With regard to disabling speed step, unfortunately, that's not an option. I live in florida and my house is hot enough as it is. If it's a choice between that and getting a different brand or just giving up, then GSkill is going to lose a sale here.

Anyway, enough of my *****ing. Thanks again for your help, it is much appreciated.

Comment

All right, forget the Speedstep, just a personal annoyance of mine. W/ 16GB may want to raise the QPI/VTT to give the MC a little help, also may want to reseat the sticks and test each one individually w/ memtest to make sure you haven't gotten a bad stick. Also, do you have the latest BIOS?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS? I would suggest RMA and try a new kit if it continues not to work with XMP as it should.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X