Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asrock Extreme3 870 and 4gb Dual Channel Kit (2x2gb) F3-10600CL9D-4GBNT Blue Screens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock Extreme3 870 and 4gb Dual Channel Kit (2x2gb) F3-10600CL9D-4GBNT Blue Screens

Hello,

I have spent the past few days trying to figure this problem out, and have referenced many of the posts about this specific ram kit in other posts to try and figure it out. At first everything worked fine, until I went to install the drivers for my video card after windows 7 install. Then I started getting BSoDs almost exclusively when installing programs! It would sometimes finish them, and sometimes it would BSoD, kind of random.

Only one program always caused a bsod and I think it was because the data file it was installing was gb in size. Anyway, they would almost always be caused by ntoskrnl and have page fault, memory management, or unpaged area. I ran memtest86+ and both the sticks passed, so I thought it was drivers. Reinstalled OS, only while it was reinstalling the files would get corrupted during copying. This happened regardless of which dual channel bay I put it in.

The way I found that fixed it (after trying different 1.5xx Voltages) was to just have one stick in. It finished install and went a long time before the blue screens started again, but was able to install OS.

I have the voltage set to 1.561volts (I believe) as well as the CAS Set to 9-9-9-24 as is listed on the stick. I tried to follow the instructions in the thread about Memory controllers for AMD Processors being wonky and put both the chips into single channel mode and downclocked the speed to the lowest DDR3 option, but had to go to work, and haven't had a chance to test it.

If it fails, what other options can I pursue? And for that matter, my motherboard asks for a whole book's worth of information for the RAM that I can't find anywhere. Can I get the specifics for all the rams stats to plug in so I can try to get this into Dual Channel Mode?

Model of the motherboard: Asrock 870 Extreme3
    Model of the memory: 2gx2 |GSK F3-10600CL9D-4GBNT R
    Model of the CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2ghz Black Edition
    Problem: System instability while not gaming in Windows 7 x64

Oh, and another interesting note: the system would never become unstable while playing games. I would play FFXIV cranked on high settings and Shogun 2 and never had an issue, until I tried to run an installer or double click ATI Catalyst Control in the taskbar.

Thanks, and sorry for the long post.

May want to check for a newer GPU driver or a beta, if that ends in same results, could try an older version of the driver.....might check to see different available drivers at:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/Videocar...Vista_c31.html

Also ensure you have the latest BIOS for your mobo

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      May want to check for a newer GPU driver or a beta, if that ends in same results, could try an older version of the driver.....might check to see different available drivers at:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/Videocar...Vista_c31.html

Also ensure you have the latest BIOS for your mobo
      Thanks,

I have the lastest drivers for my ATI Card. I also flashed the BIOs to 1.6 which is the most current version. I haven't experienced any blue screens while running the RAM underclocked in single channel mode. I experienced one bsod when I moved them back to dual channel, they are still underclocked. I will do more testing tonight, but it seems to have improved by having them underclocked at 1066.

Comment

If okay at 1066 and running stock timings on the CL9 ( could tighten them down to CL8 and get near to stock 1333 performance .. or .. at 1333 increase the CPU/NB voltage up by about .05

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
          If okay at 1066 and running stock timings on the CL9 ( could tighten them down to CL8 and get near to stock 1333 performance .. or .. at 1333 increase the CPU/NB voltage up by about .05
          The memory runs completely stable, has not bsod'd in weeks running at 1033 CL 7-7-7-20. I tried going to the auto detected timings for 1333 and it bsod'd on me. I'll try increasing the CPU NB by .05 from default, but what are the specific voltage and other settings for the 1333 settings? I'm willing to entertain the idea that perhaps the motherboard is messing up on auto detection.

Comment

If auto BSOD might try 9-9-9-27, with CR at 2N and dram voltage at 1.55, leave the CPU/NB as is for the try

Tman

Comment

Feel free to send them in and try a 10666 model instead.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
              X