Ddr3 ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ddr3 ram

The motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H. I currently have 8GB's of G-Skill F3-12800CLD-4GBRL. there are only four RAM slots. If I boost RAM should I put in two F3-12800CL9S-8GBRL (2Gx4)? The board will handle 16GB's. The board supports dual channel memory. If I only one stick of 4 GB is put in with
    three 2 GB's will it work?

Another question, on my sons' build his motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H. Initially my son put in 8GB's of G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Then he went to 16 GB's using SNIPER F3-10666CL9D-8GBSR2 (4Gx2) . His computer runs well on 12 GB's but when the fourth Sniper RAM stick is put in within 10 minutes the blue screen of death comes up. Any ideas on this? Thank you for your time on these matters. J.A.

On the first one (the 890) you'll want matching sticks in pairs (you could try a 4GB stick w/ 3 2GB sticks, but seriously doubt if you'll have any luck)

On your 2nd box, the 880, you'll probably have to raise the CPU voltage (vCore) as well as the CPU/NB voltage to run 4 sticks.
    Last edited by Tradesman; 04-25-2011, 09:39 AM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

RAM boost

Thank you! We will try the solutions. J.A.

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

With respect to the question on my son's build, how much to change the voltages? Up or down? This is new to both of us and I'm worried about crapping out his computer. Thank you Jim

Comment

You'll want to go up, not knowing where you are currently at voltage wise, would start with the DRAM itself and raise it .05 above spec....i.e. if the sticks call for 1.5 try 1.55. If that doesn't do it, go to CPU/NB and raise it .05, then another .02 if the .05 doesn't work. Can be raising the vCore in small increments also till stable, maybe in increments of .02

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X