Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSI GD65 8gb 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 tons of probs

Hello all,

I read the sticky about MSI b3 boards and was wondering what kind of problems happen?

My problems now:
    1.OS will not install onto HD, OS won't format them, and fails.
    2.One time I had OS installed and got windows explorer errors just at desktop never goes away.
    3.USB keyboard and mouse would freeze or turn off.
    4. Computer would power on after I killed powered by button, tried 4 times in a row.
    5. In OS erroring with BSOD B7.
    6. Tried to run memtest 86 it won't run off of boot shows screen for a second then cycles through bios again.

Tried:
    4 different HD, on same machine and another.
    Memtest
    sfc /scannow which failed.
    Patching which failed
    msconfig etc
    chkdsk
    Different OS disc

Steps taken now:
    RMAD MSI board for exchange since I think the SATA, USB controllers are bad.
    Read G.Skills forum which says my board has problems with ram currently.

What else should I do?

SPECS:
    i5-2500k
    750 TX PSU Corsair
    8gb DDR3 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 PC12800
    2 1tb WD 6gb/s sataII
    1 320, 1 640 sata hd
    GTX 460 Hawk
    MSI P67-GD65
    Intel cooler

Please advice.

No, there is no problem with DDR3-1600 CL9, only the ones listed in the sticky.

Try a new mobo and that should work better.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hello.

I got a new motherboard same model, and it is still happening.

I finally just let 1 ram stick be in motherboard and it let me install windows and functions fine.

If I add any more ram in the other slots I get crazy stability issues, nothing works says failed reference memory etc.

This is 9-9-9-24 CL

F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ

I am using BIOS revision 1A

Any help would be appreciated, or do I need to get refund and new board, or new ram.

Thanks

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS? 1.A, can be found here:

http://www.msi.com/product/mb/P55-GD.../?div=Download

Next, it appears you have two sets of 4GB ea, which may be part of the problem...might try each set individually to see if it runs okay, if not then run Memtest on each stick by itself to see if you have a bad stick in the mix. If all test well may have to play with the voltages i,e, QPI/VTT to get them to work together. There are times when 2 separate sets may not want to play together, which is why sets of sizes from 2GB to 24GB are available, that way the set is tested to all work together.

Also, the DRAM i(any 1600 sticks) are designated by MSI as 'OC' so you may have to OC the system itself to get them to run and provide the MC in the CPU a little extra power.

Could try at 1333 and if that works, tighten the timings a notch to get near same performance as native 1600

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have two sets 2x2 and 2x3.

I tried the 3 and it didnt work.
          But 2 stick of either set seem to work.
          Using 2x2 currently. In first pair of slots.

Memtest runs okay.

Running at 1333mhz 9-9-9-24
          Command rate 2t

I am pretty sure i have the latest bios. Also dram volt at 1.6

So idk what else to try. I can put more but programs fail, stuffwont open. Etc.
          Last edited by Crindle; 04-23-2011, 12:30 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Might want to try the 4 sticks at 1333, timings 8-8-8-22, CR at 2T, and leave DRAM Voltage as is....if it works with those settings then can progress up to 1600 and add voltage as you go. Start with 2 sticks in slots 1,3...if OK go add sticks to 2 4 If they will work at 1333, then you might get them to work at 1600 but not for sure. Whenever you mix sticks out of different sets you have no assurance that they will all play together, which is why sets are sold in 2,4,6,8,12,16,24GB amounts. Have you tried raising the QPI/VTT voltafe a bit?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I am running all 4 as suggest speeds so far so good. I don't know what QPI/VTT is. This is my first new type of chipset board.

I will keep you posted, and then memtest a bit later.

Thanks, and great feedback really fast.

Comment

No problem, will be around Sunday off and on, let me know how it goes

Tman

Comment

So i tried it and it worked for a bit. The 2x2 set in slots 1 and 3 and 2 of the 2x3 set in 2 and 4.

It was working for like 20minutes then my usb devices all lost connection and my computer was frozen. So i went back to 2 and they seem to work fine with just 2.

Idk what to do and where and what is qpi/vtt?

Thanks,
                  Crindle

Comment

Sorry, thinking of wrong mobo, believe you'll want the CPU/VTT voltage. May also want to possibly try to disable the USB3 controller (just as a test, some mobos have had trouble with them and DRAM)

Tman

Comment

It is possible that the two kits are incompatible. You should use one or the other.

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                      X