No announcement yet.

Core i7 12Gb XMP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To get them to run depends primarily on the mobo, how they've implemented (tweaked) the chipset and/or BIOS. Too often the generalized excuse of weak controller/weak channel is provided as a general response. Where I stand and argue the point heavily, is primarily with boards where I have done exactly what you say can't be, just as a general answer, when in fact I KNOW it can be done.
    What you are planning to do, i.e. the 1800 packaged as 6 sticks advertised as 1600 also covers what I've others here, that RAM being sold at non JEDEC standard speeds, i.e. 900, 1000 is generally RAM that when tested doesn't fully meet JEDEC standards, again i.e. a batch of 1066 is off slightly and doesn't test out ccan be packaged and sold as 1000 or 900.
    If one is persistent and willing to try various tweaks, you often can get RAM to run. I personally don't advocate pushing voltages to limits that shorten the life of a mobo, cpu, etc though, in these forums I try to offer advice primarily based on the prime 5 of RAM, the other (and numerous) timing settings available can often be used to stabilize and run RAM to it's full potential and/or overclock.
    The problem with those settings is that it almost has to be hands on, i.e. I need the system in front of me, what I can try and test in an hour would probably take days to go through with a user via these forums.
    I have considered providing a more complete RAM tweaking guide here, but it would probably lead to more problems than good

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Meant to ask...do you have a release date for the 12GB kit? Am looking towards putting together a test system that will support both Crossfire and SLI that I want to load up. Am leaning towards the P6T Deluxe mobo, i7 940, dual boot VISTA and Win7 (both 64 bit), etc. Have been leaning towards Corsair and their HX3X12G1600C9 G 12 GB kit, but was hoping for tighter timings, if you're really going to go 12 in a kit based on your 1800 (assuming F3-14400CL8D-4GBGT1) at it's present timings, that would be an interesting possibility.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
        Meant to ask...do you have a release date for the 12GB kit? Am looking towards putting together a test system that will support both Crossfire and SLI that I want to load up. Am leaning towards the P6T Deluxe mobo, i7 940, dual boot VISTA and Win7 (both 64 bit), etc. Have been leaning towards Corsair and their HX3X12G1600C9 G 12 GB kit, but was hoping for tighter timings, if you're really going to go 12 in a kit based on your 1800 (assuming F3-14400CL8D-4GBGT1) at it's present timings, that would be an interesting possibility.

we don't have any plan to announce 12GB kit yet
        and we have to clearify that F3-14400CL8D-4GBGT1 is for dual channel and only for Nvidia 7 series chipset, not triple channel on X58 chipset
        and we've replied your doubt in another thread, please check it
        thanks

G.S

Comment

Thanks for the clarification, I was just guessing that might be the 1800 sticks that GSKILL TECH was talking about above, where he said "we are going to have 6 modules DDR3 1600 soon but each 3 tri-channel you can run it at 1800 speed. basically it is using 2 sets of DDR3 1800 together to run it at DDR3 1600 speed.", sort of confusing, so, you all have no plans for a 12 GB kit?

Thanks

Tman

Comment

not yet....
            the CPU-embeded memory controller make it more difficult to overclock on Core i7 platform
            once you want to run over intel standard spec, motherboard, CPU, and memory are all needed to reach the target you want to overclock
            thanks

G.S

Comment

Working...
            X