Motherboard compatability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motherboard compatability

good day, I have 2 computers setup with G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL Ripjaws PC3-12800 4GB 2X2GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24 Core i5 1.5V Memory Kit and seem to have issues with what I thought to be a video issue. However after swapping out 4 different video cards and replacing PSU, I am leaning toward the RAM. I will post what each comp has:

COMP 1
    MSI 770 G-45 mobo
    AMD 905e Quad core 3.0ghz OC
    F3 12800 CL9 4x2gb (2 kits)
    Antec Truepower 650W PSU
    Gigabyte HD 5770 stock

COMP 2
    MSI 870 G-45
    AMD 905e Quad core 3.0ghz OC
    F3 12800 CL9 2x2gb
    OCZ ModXStreamPro 600W
    MSI 9800GT 1gb stock

What happens is that while playing Rift, the game will lock up and then crash. Without a reboot, graphics are all pixelated/artifacts especially when using a web browser (experience with IE as well as Chrome)

Any ideas/help will be appreciated.

The MC on your 905e is only rated up to 1333 DRAM, might want to try at that speed and see if problem persist. If all is good at 1333 then could try raising the DRAM and CPU/NB voltages at 1600 to see if that clears the problem (may need to do that w/ the 4 stick rig anyway)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

thanks

that makes sense. I put the OC'ing back to stock and if this works I will change the timings and leave it run at 1333....so far so good though

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Changed everything back to stock for comp 2 and it the issue has disappeared! Comp 1 I left as I noticed this behavior only once on that box so I left it oc'd.

I appreciate the quick and concise response and will let you know the results if I change the timings

Thanks Again!!!!

Ryan

Comment

update

Just thought I would let you know that the RAM works like a charm @ 1333 for comp 1. GF wont let me change the timings to OC it and my comp has only had the artifacts the one time and I want to keep all my OC'ing.

Thanks again for your time and advice!

Ryan

Comment

Working...
            X