No announcement yet.

F3-16000CL7D-4GBFLS strange problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-16000CL7D-4GBFLS strange problem...

Hi all.

I have a little problem with my Flares f3-16000cl7d-4gbfls.

My rig,

Asus Crosshair Formula iv
    x6 1090t
    Corsair H70
    F3-16000cl7d-4gbfls
    OCZ Fatallity 750w
    Radeon HD6950
    Coolermaster 690 ADV II

My problem is that as soon as the ram passes the 1500mhz mark it will no longer post. The sticks sitting in the black slots. As soon as I use the sticks in single channel in the last two red/black slots I can ran them in 2000+ with no errors in the specs stated 7-9-7-24. Read a lot in this forum and others and tried almost everything I could. Tested all the setting I could find and nothing. Tested the modules separated and all good. I ran prime95 for two hours at 1333 (5-6-5-24-1t) perfect in dual channel but when I try to get pass the 1500 barrier, impossible. Any ideas, should I try to get them changed or is there something I am missing?

Could be the mother or CPU...?

All the test with the 1333 dual channel setting were made at stock 3.2 speed and with 4.2 CPU / 3000 NB / 2000 HT OC. Temps perfect and all tests perfect too.

By the way all the system is two weeks old...

Thanks in advance.

Could you post your BIOS settings

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yep.

For 1333 Stable in dual Channel / * for 1500 in dual channel / ** for 2000 in single channel

Bios 1304

Level Up - auto

oc tuner - manual
      ratio - 16.5 / *17.5 / **16.5
      freq - 250 / *225 / **250
      pci - 100 / *100 / *100
      ram - 1333 / *1500 / **2000
      cpu/nb - 3000 / *2925 / **3000
      ht - 2000 / *2025 / **2000

Ram Config 5-6-5-24-1t / * 6-7-6-24-1t / **7-9-7-24-1t
      Ram DRV Config ( all auto )

Phase - Full
      CPU Voltage OCP - Enable
      CPU LLC - Full Calibration
      NB CPU LLC - Full Calibration
      CPU NB Voltage OCP - Enable

Extreme OC - Disable
      CPU NB V Mode - Manual

CPU Voltage - 1.425 / *1.415 / **1.425
      CPU/NB Voltage - 1.250 / *1.275 / **1.300

Ram Voltage auto / *1.65 / ** 1.68

Rest all in AUTO

This runs perfect. Did not do a GREAT deal of testing in 2000 single channel, mostly I just wanted it to post. It posted, could run some prime for minutes, gaming, work. Maybe needs tweaking but it posts and works. In Dual Channel... no post.

Did not test too much in 1500, could lower the volts more I think but the reason i did the test was to see how far the system would post.

Lets say that as soon as the banner telling you that the ram voltage will be modified... that it. It will not start in dual channel at that speed of 1600 upwards. Tried different voltages and timmings. All I did was read and apply but at this point I don't know where to aim to.

As I mentioned before the dual channel in the black slots is the one I post here. The settings for single channel are in the last two slots away from the cpu. I tried using single channel in the first two slots but it won't post past 1800.

Hope you can help me out. I can always return the sticks but I want to be sure that it is not another part of the system that is failing. I will try to borrow some 1600 sticks tomorrow and check to see if it runs.

If there is any idea... I am willing to learn.

Thanks a lot for the fast reply!

VK.

Comment

Your hunch is right, seems like it may be a problem with the motherboard or CPU. I'd suggest swapping the motherboard first. Is that the latest BIOS?

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Yes on the BIOS. Just downloaded it from Asus web.

I just tried a 1600 4gb Ripjaws and they will not post at 1600 in the black slots. The only change I made in the bios with these sticks was the RAM speed. The rest all stock. They should post, right?

All the chances are MB or CPU. The PSU is ok, never stalled or did nothing strange. Voltages are also stable under load.

Now. Thing is. The Mobo was bought at one shop and the cpu at another. That, plus I am 100 kms away from them is kind of a Pain in the ...

I don't have another Mobo or 1090 to test, I can get the hands on a x4 965 for of a friend... any tests I can do with it? If it posts at 1600 MHZ then chances are that is the Mobo...
          ...Or is it possible that the problem is the mobo and it will work with the x4 and will not with the x6...

Are there any tools to find out if the CPU is the problem? My guess would be that is OK because of all the gaming and test it supports perfectly well but I really don't now.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks again.

VK.

Comment

No, by changing the DRAM Frequency alone, that may not work. For DDR3-1600, you need to follow our guide on the DDR3 sticky.

Otherwise, you can try DDR3-1333 8-8-8-24 1.50V

These are fail proof settings.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

What would be the correct timings and volts for my 2000 Flares running at 1600 with all the rest stock? I have tried many but...

Right now My mobo sits alone in a test bench to try and isolate problems. No Sound Card, Fans, HDDs. Just CPU/Cooler, Video card, ram. Gonna test all Night ( Argentina time ) and head towards the shops tomorrow morning, but I really want to have all the arguments to reclaim a change or the money back.

Thanks.
              VK.

Comment

If you have access to a 965 and it's a C3 model it should work w/ your mobo and the DRAM at 1600 or the 1600 sticks you mention you have available. If it's not the C3 model, then still should work w/ either set though only at 1333.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Well. The shop changed the mobo amd the ram. Only difference is the ram is cl9 not cl7... Should i bother to change it again to cl7. Is the difference that much. Money diff is 20 down here. I payed 215 the cl7. But to change them again means more days of wait and i don't know if they have it in stock. I really want to start enjoying the system...

Thanks again.
                  VK

Comment

Just keep it the way it is then if it is working fine. You probably won't notice a difference.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                    X