Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

Hi

Motherboard: Gigabyte P55A-UD4P (Rev. 11 / Ver. F14)
    Ram: G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

Basically my system ran to perfection before purchasing and installing the ram (Beforehand i was only running 2x2GB Geil sticks) Since installing the ripjaws i have been experiencing random BSOD's and upon start up the screen freezes on the windows "Welcome" screen briefly before restarting.

So far i have memtested the ripjaws as a pair over a single pass with no errors and enabling XMP gave some stability but i still had BSOD's just not as frequent.

Is it more than likely a compatibility issue between the motherboard and the ram?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Fri 18/02/2011 8:28:58 PM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0x1E3)
    Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA8007145028, 0xF2000000, 0x20008F)
    Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\hal.dll
    product: Microsoft? Windows? Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
    This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.
    The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

The above is a crash report after installing the G.skill ram.

Thank-You in advance.

May have to raise the CPU/NB voltage a bit to accommodate the 8 vs 4 GB

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the input, How would i do this on my motherboard, Would it be safe to use a software program to change ram voltages or is it always safer done through the bios?

I have never had to adjust voltages/timings in the past and i am not sure what would be 'safe' settings to use.

Thanks.

Comment

Test each module individually with XMP to see if any errors are produced. Also, is that the latest BIOS?

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

It is the latest BIOS version (V.14) i just tested both sticks separately with XMP enabled and it showed no errors through 1 pass.

With the information gathered on this page;
          http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=222&c1=&c2=

It should have full compatibility with my motherboard overclocked or not. I might try contacting gigabyte about the issue tomorrow to see if it might be a common problem with that particular series of motherboard or not.

Thank-you so far for the assistance.

Comment

Alright, keep us posted. What slots do you have them installed in? Try both same colored slots..

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

I currently have them in paired slots (Coloured white) I believe these are slots 1 and 3 according to my motherboard manual (Which is fine for 2 sticks of ram)

Comment

Working...
              X