• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only one stick works?

Model of the motherboard: ASROCK x48 TurboTwins - WiFi
    Model of the memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 1600 PC12800 8GB (2X4GB) 1.5V
    Model of the CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400

Hello.
    So I recently bought these new sticks of GSKILLs and when I insert one in, it boots fine. However, when I insert the other one, there is no display output and the BIOS resets once I fix/remove it. Any suggestions?

Try testing each stick individually in slot 1 w/ memtest, if 1 shows bad will want to return to your retailer for an exchange or RMA through GSkill

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi, I've figured it out after long hours of experimenting. My next question is regarding the tightening of the timings in the memory.

It is currently underclocked @ DDR3 1500 and I tightened the timings to 8-8-8-24-2T. So far, it's been stable for 2 hours. I'm thinking of tightening it further and I feel like upping the DRAM voltage would assist. It's @ 1.53V at the moment. Any advice? Will it violate warranty? Thanks!

Comment

Not sure exactly what set you have, but basically all the 1600 sets should be safe at that voltage except the ECOs, that default to 1.35, guessing you have one of the Ripjaw sets with a base of 1.5, if so definitely safe

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X