Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help: F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO memory frequency

MoBo : ASUS P8P67 PRO (BIOS ver. 1204)
    RAM : G.Skill F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO (2x2GB kit)
    CPU : Intel Core i5-2500K
    PSU : Seasonic M12II-620 Bronze
    VGA : ASUS ENGTX460 DirectCu/2DI/1GD5

The Problem:
    The F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO memory kit spec stated DDR3-1600, 7-8-7-24, 1.35V. However, it seems that I cannot run my memory module in that spec. In the P8P67 PRO BIOS, the memory settings is as follows:

(Under EFI BIOS Utility - Advanced Mode - Ai Tweaker)
    Target CPU Turbo-Mode Speed : 3700 MHz
    Target DRAM Speed : 1333 MHz
    Ai Overclock Tuner : X.M.P.
    X.M.P. DDR3-1600 7-8-7-24-2N-1.35V : Profile #1
    BCLK/PEG Frequency : 100.0
    Turbo Ratio : Auto
    Internal PLL Overvoltage : Auto
    Memory Frequency : Auto
    EPU Power Saving Mode : Enable
    EPU Setting : Auto

DRAM Voltage : 1.35000

(Under Ai Tweaker\DRAM Timing Control>)
    DRAM CAS# Latency : 7
    DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay : 8
    DRAM RAS# PRE Time : 7
    DRAM RAS# ACT Time : 24
    DRAM COMMAND Mode : 2
    (Other timings using default setting which is Auto)

Under OS, CPU-Z 1.56 stated my memory spec as follows:

I've only managed to get the reported value as Total Memory 4096 MB, Speed 1333 MHz (in the BIOS settings and POST message). Isn't it correct that memory frequency 666.7 MHz means that the memory speed is actually 1333 MHz? I cannot run it in Speed 1600 MHz. If I change the above Memory Frequency into DDR3-1600, the computer refuse to boot and the MemOK! LED in my motherboard lit up. If this happen, I had to push the MemOK! button until the motherboard reset the memory setting to be able to boot and it usually return to 1333/1348 MHz.

If I set the Ai Overclock Tuner into Auto, and Memory Frequency DDR3-1600, my computer is able to boot, but with the timings set into 9-9-9.

So my question is: Is this normal? Do I make a mistake setting my BIOS? How can I get 1600 MHz operating frequency with 7-8-7 timings and 1.35V? Is this has anything to do with EPU Power Saving feature (which I assumed to downgrade my memory to lower spec to save power consumption)?

Any help would be appreciated. Thx.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm not planning to OC'ing my computer.
    Last edited by tmntppn; 02-14-2011, 09:52 PM.

Should be an XMP profile you can set it to for 1600 w/ the correct timings.....if not can set them manually.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

i've tried changing memory frequency into DDR3-1600 with all the timings and 1.35V but the system refuse to boot.

Comment

UP

any other clue, anyone?

Comment

Did you try one module at a time to see if one is bad? Do you have the latest BIOS?

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
            Did you try one module at a time to see if one is bad? Do you have the latest BIOS?

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH
            no i haven't try one module at a time. i'll try it later today after i get home from work.

bios version 1204 is the latest for my mobo according to asus website.

Comment

Let us know

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

i've tried it, one module at a time. and it still gives me the same result.

i've managed to get 1600 MHz with 7-8-7-24 timings, but using 1.5V. at 1.35V it refuse to boot.
                Last edited by tmntppn; 02-16-2011, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Odd, feel free to send it in and try a new kit.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                  X