• F3-17000CL7D-4GBXHD - problems with stability at spec

Hello,

I got F3-17000CL7D-4GBXHD ram set with my new Sandy build
    Specs are as follows:
    i7-2600K
    Gigabyte P67A-UD4 bois F7 "official"
    said ram
    Corsair 650TX

My problem I discovered after several hours of frustrating overclocking, is that the ram will not run with spec of 7-10-7-27 1T @ 1.65v (1.66v actual) with manually set timings or with XMP on with auto timtings which give 8-10-7-27 1T

However it will run fully stable at it's JDEC spec of 1600 which is 1.5v @ 9-9-9-28

I have not tried playing around with cpu sub voltages, but i have the problem @ stock on CPU or OC'd, it displays same characteristics with either scenario.

Please help !?

And thanks in advance.

Haven't gotten into these sticks yet, but imagine will need a healthy OC to get up to 2133, voltage increases and probably the CR at 2T...will see if I can get some info for you, otherwise GSkill should be in Monday

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I've been told that upping the QPI may help with IMC instability with high dram speeds? sound like a viable option? The computer WILL run with the rated speeds, but fails long term stability tests, and the lower setting makes the problem go away, with or without OC, so i'm pretty sure the ram is "OK"

Comment

There's a decent article on the subject at

http://www.overclock.net/intel-gener...uide-p67a.html

Would love to jump in more but was holding off on digging into SB till they got some fairly stable BIOSs available for the boards and now w/ the recall on am going to be waiting a bit longer, but got burned on some of the early 1156 and 1366 mobos

Sorry I can't offer more immediate input, GSkill should be in Tues

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yes, you need to raise/set the VCCIO Voltage to stabilize high memory frequencies.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Originally posted by repilce View Post
          I've been told that upping the QPI may help with IMC instability with high dram speeds? sound like a viable option? The computer WILL run with the rated speeds, but fails long term stability tests, and the lower setting makes the problem go away, with or without OC, so i'm pretty sure the ram is "OK"

Comment

Working...
          X