F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK and ASUS M4A79XTD EVO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK and ASUS M4A79XTD EVO

Hello, I recently built my first computer. The main parts are M4A79XTD EVO Motherboard, AMD PhenomII x4 955 black and two kits of F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK(8Gb total). I am only having one problem, my Mobo for some odd reason set both dual channel kits at seprate(slower) timings. I went thought all the paper work I have from the bits and pices and found nothing about timing or advanced timing settings.
    So far, the computer has booted up everytime, play's the lates games, and multi-task's like a champ it's just bugging me that the memory is working at slower timing. If some one could post all the timing info about this RAM kit it would be great! Thanks.

P.S. it passed memtest just fine, it works with the auto select timings my mobo found, but for the money I want the right timing's.

Go ahead and manually set the base timings to spec, 8-8-8-21, CR to 2T or 2N, and may have to set DRAM voltage up a tad w/ 2 sets, maybe 1.55. If any problems let us know

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

oops?

Thank you for the speedy responce! I have tryed a few times to to set the timings. I am new to this so I might be making a newbie mistake. here is what i did.
      Memory timing and voltage:
      DRAM Frequency: 1333(was at auto along with all the other settings)
      DRAM Voltage: this was set to 1.50 my mobo only allows 0.02 voltage changes, so I set it to 1.56v
      DRAM Timing and driving config.
      Dram Command rate: I set this to t2
      DRAM 1st info: This could not be change, was set at 9-9-9-24-5-3-3-10-4
      then there is a list of timing stuff to change. they where as follows
      TCL,TTCD,TRP,TRAS,TRTP,TCR,TWR,TRRD.
      each one could be changed. I went down the list and changed TCL-8, TTCD-8,TRP-8,TRAS-21. and left the rest alone(default was auto).
      then It has an even different section of options for the second kit. Here are the options and how I changed them.
      TRWTTO-8,TWRRD-8,TWTR-8,TWRWR-21,TRDRD,TRFCO,TRFCO1,TREF
      After TWRWR-21, I left them on auto. I saved the changes and it didnt like it, would not load windows 7(64bit). so I reset everything to auto and it started up just fine. did i do this right? I am sooooo sorry for the giant wall-o-text, but I have not built a computer in long enough for this all to be new to me. Thank you so much for your time and help!

Comment

Sounds like it took if I read this right, is all stable, if so should be good to go

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you so much for dubble checking my work, and its amazing how fast you guys got to me! I dont think I will ever use another company of ram! thanks.

Comment

On behalf of GSkill, they should be glad to hear it, I don't work for them but like helping out and keeping up with all the hardware and combination's out there for my own systems business

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X