F3-17000CL9Q-16GBXLD with Asus P8P67 Deluxe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-17000CL9Q-16GBXLD with Asus P8P67 Deluxe

Has anyone been able to get all 16 GB to run at 2133? I realize this is quite a load, and they are speced out for 2 DIMMS not 4, so I had doubts when I purchased it. But if anyone has had any success, I'd love to hear how.

I'm running a i7 2600K. vcore is at 1.375, DDR voltage at 1.5, CCCIO at 1.2. The CPU is clocked to 4.5.

The RAM runs fine at 1600. At 1866 it will boot and it's stable. At next reboot it will fail to boot asking for F1. Enter the BIOS reset it to 1866 and it boots and it's stable. But that's too much of a pain to keep it that way so I'm running it at 1600 for now. 2133, it won't boot.

Any chance on improving this performance? TIA.

Is it set up manually or through XMP, may need additional voltage(s)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

At DDR3-2133, VCCIO will be in the 1.35V+ range for full slots.. so raise that and work your way up. Once you find the sufficient voltage, everything should be ready to go.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Tradesman, it's manual.

Gskill: Thanks! I will give that a try.

Comment

GT: With the VCCIO at 1.35 it booted, but only with the VDRAM set to auto (I had it manual at 1.5). The system gave it 1.65 and it booted. Don't know if it's stable as I haven't run any tests, but it booted. Wasn't sure if that voltage was safe so backed down.

Can I run the VDRAM at 1.65v.?

Thanks.

Comment

That is what it is rated for.. meaning it is suppose to be at 1.65V.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Huh. Somehow I thought it was rated for 1.5. Oh well! Thanks.

Comment

May have seen a typo somewhere or in a thread, but it is rated 1.65

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yeah, don't know why I thought 1.5, but of course it is 1.65. It is now running stable and passes memtest with no problem. There is a problem though, runs stable but doesn't boot stable.

On boot, first pass nothing happens. No post, no errors. Nothing. Turn off/on and it posts to a F1 error, overclocking failed enter BIOS etc. Enter the BIOS (UEFI more accurately but old habits die hard) and make no changes whatsoever, simply enter and then exit saving changes (of which there aren't any) and it boots just fine. It's a memory issue as when you enter the BIOS it's running at 1600. It's set for 2133 but running at 1600. Exit and it boots at 2133 and it's perfectly stable.

So it runs stable at rated speed, but it is a bit of a PIA every time you boot/reboot or come out of sleep. Any thoughts?? Thanks.

Comment

See if you have the latest BIOS. Then check to see if problem persists with only one module installed.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Well, I thought it was due to the load and all would be fine with a single module. But issue persists with one, two, or four modules installed.

They did release a new BIOS last week. That was flashed before testing. So no progress.

Comment

Did you reset the the BIOS with the CLRTC button or pins? That would probably be magic.

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

No luck. Several BIOS updates, cleared CMOS. Still not stable at anything over 1600. Anything else I can try? Anyone else get 16 GB stable at 2133 on this board? Thanks.

Comment

Send them in for RMA and try a new kit. You should be able to enable XMP and be ready to go.

Did you test each module with XMP? That can help determine whether a module is bad.

Thank you
                            GSKILL TECH

Comment

No, I didn't do that. I have the revised board coming in soon. I'll get that loaded and test on that. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X