X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Force0321 View Post
    No.

I tested 2 at a time. Works fine. I swapped the sticks to different dimm slots. Still works fine. It's only when I try to run all 4 , 4 gig sticks that I have the problem.
    I had the same problem, the settings below fixed the problem for me with the 0813 bios.

16GB - G.Skill F3-12800CL9Q-4GBXL - 4 x 4GB Sticks

DRAM CAS# Latency - 9
    DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay - 9
    DRAM RAS# PRE Time - 9
    DRAM RAS# ACT Time - 28
    DRAM Read to PRE Time - 6
    DRAM RAS# to RAS# Delay - 5
    DRAM WRITE to READ Delay - 6
    DRAM CAS# write Latency - 8
    DRAM WRITE Recovery Time - 12
    DRAM REF Cycle Time - 160ns
    DRAM Row Cycle Time - 39
    DRAM READ To WRITE Delay - 8
    DRAM WRITE To READ Delay (DD) - 2
    DRAM WRITE To WRITE Timing - 3
    DRAM READ To READ Timing - 4
    DRAM Refresh Rate - Every 7.8ms
    DRAM Command Rate - 2T

Hope this helps,
    Dave

Comment

• Double post
      Last edited by Force0321; 12-16-2011, 03:27 AM. Reason: Double post

Comment

• Thanks Dave !

I'll give those settings a try tonight after work and see how they run.

Also, Saw that Asus has the 0910 v bios for the Sabertooth 990fx on their ftp site.
        ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/So...-ASUS-0901.zip

Snagged the link from:http://www.overclock.net/t/1170300/n...#post_15943565
        Last edited by Force0321; 12-16-2011, 03:33 AM. Reason: correction

Comment

• DDR3-1600 accomplished !

Dave,

Tried the ram timings that you suggested .

DRAM CAS# Latency - 9
          DRAM RAS# PRE Time - 9
          DRAM RAS# ACT Time - 28
          DRAM Row Cycle Time - 39
          DRAM READ To READ Timing - 4
          DRAM Command Rate - 2T

Set my CPU/NB voltage to 1.20v ( stock was 1.15v)
          CPU/NB freq= 2400
          Dram Freq= 1600
          Dram voltage at stock= 1.50v

Fired up Prime 95 and using the blend test, everything was still going strong after around 20 minutes !

The timings worked perfectly !

Thank you again !

Comment

• Sabertooth 990FX bios v901

Flashed to the new Sabertooth bios v901.
            Looks like on auto, the Dram timings are what Dave posted.
            Other than:

DRAM CAS# Latency - 9
            DRAM RAS# PRE Time - 9
            DRAM RAS# ACT Time - 24
            And maybe a few more settings.

I left the timings on the settings Dave posted and Re-ran prime after the flash. Still stable !

Comment

• Auto settings for my system show as:

DRAM CAS# Latency - 11
              DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay - 11
              DRAM RAS# PRE Time - 11
              DRAM RAS# ACT Time - 28
              DRAM Row Cycle Time - 39
              DRAM READ To READ Timing - 3
              DRAM Command Rate - 2T

I found the "DRAM READ To READ Timing" auto setting of "3" is the culprit when running more then two sticks of ram, I had to change it to "4" to get the system stable.

Comment

• using method 1 my nb freq is only 2100 should i set it to 2400? my ht link is also 2100 should i leave it at 2100 or something else?

Comment

• Yes raise NB frequency

Comment

• Hello,

My configuration is the following :

M/B : Asus M4A785TD-M EVO
                    CPU : AMD Athlon II X2 250 (3Ghz)
                    RAM : G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ (2x2GB) DDR3

I have already done the following operation
                    - update of the bios to the last version
                    - let everything to default and test individually the RAM module with memtest86+, 3 pass without errors so I think they are okay

Then as explained I did:
                    - disable amd cool 'n' quiet
                    - change the cpu/host frequency to 240
                    - change the fsb (Processor Frequency Multiplier) to x12.5 (12.5x240=3GHz)
                    - forced the VNNB over voltage to 1.4250
                    - forced the ram frequency to 1333Hz (Memclock value 667Hz)
                    - forced the ram time mode 9 TCl 9 TRCD 9TRP 24 TRAS
                    - raised the memory over voltage to 1.56V

I obtained a lots of errors on Memtest86+

Can you please tell me what I did wrong or what can I do to run with a stable system?

Thanks

Olivier

Comment

• Originally posted by grampabob View Post
                      I dont see NB freq in my manual, here's a few settings is it one of these? Not sure about CPU MB either. Here's a few examples and a few options.

processor freq multiplier x9.5 1900mhz x12.0 2400mhz x15.0 3000mhz
                      HT over voltage 1.25 to 1.385
                      HT link freq 600 mhz 1000 mhz 2200 mhz
                      mem clock mode 400 533 667 800 mhz
                      mem overvoltage 1.5 to 2.050
                      chipset over voltage

Here's my manual, BIOS DRAM info is page 51
                      http://charon.bdeb.qc.ca/docs/hardwa..._M4A785T-M.pdf
                      Bump, like to get some assitance to optimize. The terms used in this forum doesn't really match what I see in the BIOS so I'm confused.

CPU NB? NB Freq? No idea where that it in my BIOS.

Comment

• hello,
                        I would buy this kit F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL (4Gbx2)

is compatible with my configuration?

Asrock M3A770DE
                        Phenom II X4 965 c3
                        Team Elite DDR3 1333MHz (1x 2GB) (currently)

reading the specific reports AMD 790 Series AMD 890 Series

With my 770 I can have problems of compatibility?

Thanks in advance

Comment

• The sticks should be fine with your mobo, doubt if you'll work alongside your 1333 sticks, so yes the sticks are compatible with mobo and CPU, but not current sticks

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

• Yes, I want to change my Team Elite DDR3, and put 8gb gskill.

thank you! and happy new year

Comment

• Same to you and yours! Hope you have a great year!

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

• I've paired this Gigabyte motherboard with 4x4GB Ripjaws DDR3 1600. For a couple weeks now I've been struggling to identify BSODs that look memory related, but I'm having a hard time tracking down the cause. Most of the time, all 4 sticks will test clean on Memtest86+; I occasionally get failures that seem to be on random sticks and in random positions. Finally I came across this thread, and I'm suspecting it might solve my problem.

I'm a newbie at changing DRAM settings, so I'm hoping someone can give me some pointers so I don't go mucking anything up. I'm going to try the first method in the first post, copied below.

1. What setting do I want to use to set the DRAM frequency? There's one that says "Memory Clock", currently auto-set to "x8.00 1600Mhz". I can set it manually to "x6.66 1333 Mhz"; is that the right one?

2. The CPU Host/Bus frequency I think I've got. It's "CPU Frequency(MHz)" currently auto-set to 200, and I'll change it to 240. Sound right?

2a. This is the part where I get a bit lost. I've got no interest in overclocking at this point, so I guess I need to change the CPU ratio. I've got a setting called "CPU Clock Ratio", currently auto-set with a result of 3500Mhz. If I change it manually, looks like I can pick 5+any multiple of 0.5 (So 5.0, 5.5, 6.0, etc). How do I know what to pick here?

3, 4. I guess I can leave these on the auto-settings.

5. I've got a whole list of voltage settings, including "CPU NB VID Control" and "CPU Voltage Control". Do I want to change the former? If so, I guess I'll want to set it to "+0.100V"?

Thanks for any help you can offer. I was beginning to go a bit crazy trying to figure out what I was doing wrong, and I'm hoping this will get my new system up and running.

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                                If you have an AMD CPU motherboard combo, and DDR3-1600 memory, the system BIOS should be configured as follows:

Method #1

1. Set DRAM Frequency to DDR3-1333.

2. Set CPU Host/Bus Frequency to 240 (this will overclock the memory frequency to DDR3-1600)

2a. Raising the bus frequency will also overclock the CPU, so if you do not want this, you will need to lower CPU Ratio to your desired frequency. If you do want to keep it, you may need to raise CPU VCore to stabilize the overclock. If you have a Black Edition CPU, then it should be capable of the overclock without any voltage adjustments, but for non-BE's most likely you will need to raise CPU VCore.

3. Set timings to tCL 9 - tRCD 9 - tRP 9 - tRAS 24, or whatever your memory is rated for.

4. Set DRAM Voltage to 1.50V, or whatever your memory is rated for.

5. Most CPUs will need a CPU-NB Voltage boost of +0.10V, so if your default is 1.10V, set it to 1.20V.

There are many different motherboards and memory, but they require the same changes. If you are unsure of what to change, refer to your motherboard user's manual. It will have more information about each option and its purpose.

If the system is slightly unstable, you may need to raise CPU-NB Voltage. This is the memory controller voltage, so raising this voltage can help with stability. Also, if you are using full slots or attempting any overclocking, raising this voltage can also help with stability.

Once these changes are made in BIOS, your system should be stable. For memory above the standard, majority of the time AUTO default settings will not work, so these settings are required for a perfectly stable system. Recently we have noticed that without manually setting DRAM Voltage, it can cause stability issues.

If you continue to have problems, you can also attempt DDR3-1333 CL8 (8-8-8-24) 1.50V. These are good settings if you can not get DDR3-1600 to work. These are fail-proof settings to test the memory and make sure they are working properly. If the memory does not work with these settings, it is possible that your memory kit is bad.

As always, we can assist if you have any difficulties, so feel free to create a post.

Thank you
                                GSKILL TECH
                                Last edited by PaladinWhite; 01-08-2012, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X