Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM on GA-P55A-UD3P Rev.1(BIOS settings)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM on GA-P55A-UD3P Rev.1(BIOS settings)

Hi and good day...Wondering what should be my setup in BIOS regarding my RAM and MOBO. I did try to overclock my processor and motherboard but i can not get my memory to become stable. I am not into overclocking my sticks. I just want it to become stable. I also reverted to optimized defaults still memtest for windows gave some errors. Probably would want to configure it first and testing before sending to RMA. Would be glad to have stock and overclocking setup for my BIOS. Thanks and more power...
    Last edited by tokswager; 02-11-2011, 10:28 PM.

Make sure to set DRAM frequency, timings, and voltage in BIOS. Once that is done, the system should be stable. If not, test one at a time to see which is causing a problem.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

My memory is now stable at stock. Normally I couldnt pass memtest by hcidesign after a reboot. Now if I am about to overclock my processor and motherboard, should I apply the settings on the stock memory configuration? Again I dont want to overclock the sticks so would be adjusting the memory ratio, the closest I can get to 1333 is 1320. But with my desired clock its at 1280. If i can not be stable at this does this mean the memory is preventing me from overclocking? Thanks in advance...

Stock stable memory settings:

Advanced DRAM Features:
      Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P) ......... [Disabled]
      System Memory Multiplier (SPD) ........ [Auto]
      Performance Enhance ...................... [Standard]
      DRAM Timing Selectable (SPD) .......... [Expert]

Channel A + B + C

Channel A Timing Settings:
      ##Channel A Standard Timing Control##
      CAS Latency Time ...................... 8
      tRCD ....................................... 8
      tRP ......................................... 8
      tRAS ....................................... 24

##Channel A Advanced Timing Control##
      Command Rate (CMD) ................ 2

DRAM
      DRAM Voltage 1.500v .............. 1.500V

Comment

What is your target CPU Frequency?

You can use the DDR3-1066 memory ratio (to reach DDR3-1333), then simply adjust CPU Ratio to your desired frequency.

Default 133 x 10 gives you DDR3-1333. Use 167 x 8 and that will give you the same DDR3-1333.

Then depending on what CPU you have, let's say i5 750, you have at least a 20X CPU multiplier, so you are good for at least 3.3GHz which is not bad from 2.66GHz. It all just depends on what your targets are, and then finding the best settings to operate those targets.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for the up. Decided to run another memtest with both sticks and still errors again. So i tried isolation and found the bad stick. Could have tested first my memory before overclocking. That's why ive done countless of times testing for it to be faulty at first

Just a thought in case I will purchase a new set of sticks rated at 1600mhz and adjusted my base clock, can i have my memory multiplier at auto if it does not exceed 1600? then adjust timings and voltage?

Planning to have my i7 870 at 3.8. Thanks...

Comment

You can, but I don't see why.. AUTO just gives the motherboard the opportunity to use different settings than what you want. This is why I suggest people to manually set everything so you know exactly what the computer is operating at.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Just sent my old sticks to RMA and then got this, trident F3-12800CL8D-4GBTD. And since these have much improved heat spreader compared to the ripjaws, I was wondering what would be my settings if ill overclock these without raising voltage. Thanks and sorry for out of topic. Maybe ill start a new thread.

Comment

Well it will be restricted without raising voltage, you could only loosen timings to achieve higher performance, but higher frequency is not always better than lower timings, so that is something you need to test to see what is best for you.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM(before),F3-12800CL8D-4GBTD on GA-P55A-UD3P Rev.1(BIOS settings)

Tried to overclock the sticks, but my motherboard reverted to default, tried a lower overclock but did not boot, first attempt was at 1730mhz while 2nd just to test is at 1650, xmp enabled, ive searched new egg seems that some users are having the same problem as i did.

I am running the sticks now at 1380mhz. For me to fully utilize the memory i have to raise baseclock to 200. Which is not an option for me. Ive hit my cpu target of 3.8. Im fine with that. But memory is only at 1380 with lowest multiplier. 2nd notch is at 1730 and hopefully where i should be fine of if ever. Optimized settings for memory would be of help. Thanks...

FYI...My trident has 1.6v compared to the newegg listing which has 1.65v.

Comment

Could run at 1.65 and be safe, which may help stabilize at the higher speeds

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Nope did not work. Changed clock, clock and voltage, lastly, clock, voltage and loosen timings to no avail. Even tried turning off xmp still no go. I guess im stock at 1380 rather fine than not reaching my cpu at 3.8. Im fine with this. Thanks for all the help...

Comment

Sorry couldn't do more

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Did you raise timings? 8-9-8-24 1.65V

If you want to stay at DDR3-1380, try lowering timings to see how low they can go.

7-7-7-21 1.65V?

Thank you
                          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Stable with your lower timings suggestion. Did not raise vdimm voltage, still at 1.6v, can i have a more tighter timings? Thanks...

Comment

Glad to hear it

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X