Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAM set purchase

Hi
    I am planning to build a computer for the first time and need some help here
    I had looked around to try and find a set of RAM of 4*4GB(16GB) for my new rig but it seems that my local reseller doesn't sell them in sets. The question is would my RAM be compatible for dual channel if I were to buy them is single sticks or 2 set of 2 instead of a set of 4? What are my chances of the RAM being incompatible? By the way, I am currently considering the Ripjaw X series RAM.
    Thanks for any help given

An actual 4x4GB set would be preferable, that way you are getting sticks that are tested to work together. Second choice would be 2 2x2GB sets, tough no guaranetee they will play nice with each other. Might check w/ your retailer and see if they can special order a set of 4x4 of your choosing, many will accommodate you, might even suggest to them that if the DRAM works, you may be wanting to buy more of the sets in the future, that way the retailer may see future sales to you and be more inclined to order a single set

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X