Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can We Get These 16GB Ripjaws To Work?

double posted now at this post with better details of my issue. *DELETE*
    Last edited by ipitbull; 02-05-2011, 06:09 PM. Reason: Double Post New Link With Legit Post *DELETE*

You show the model as "Model F3-12800CL9D" but their is no 16GB kit that comes in a 'dual' or 2 stick set, which the last D of what you posted stands for - so am guessing you have two sets of 8GB (2x4GB each). They may just not want to play together as oft happens when mixing 2 or more kits...could try raising the DRAM voltage and/or the MC voltage to get the 4 sticks to work together

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      You show the model as "Model F3-12800CL9D" but their is no 16GB kit that comes in a 'dual' or 2 stick set, which the last D of what you posted stands for - so am guessing you have two sets of 8GB (2x4GB each). They may just not want to play together as oft happens when mixing 2 or more kits...could try raising the DRAM voltage and/or the MC voltage to get the 4 sticks to work together

They are all the same RAM modules. I bought 2 packages in total, each which consisted of 2 4GB sticks.

I'm not able to play with any settings anywhere in my BIOS no settings for RAM anywhere to enable XMP. So topping off my RAM frustration, reading anything on Asus's website is like reading Chinglish from an eight year old man what is happening to your once stellar support system Asus?

Anyway this consumer is throwing the towel in on G Skill and going back to brands I've trusted for many many years.

Comment

If so, might want to look for a prepackaged 16GB kit so that all sticks are tested to work together, other manufacturers have the same problem when mixing two or more separate sets of sticks, just the nature of the beast.

Otherwise, if you could post the full model number(s) of the kits you have along w/ your BIOS settings for DRAM and system voltages we can probably get them running together

PS...agree on ASUS support, used to use their board almost exclusively, but w/ support and QC going downhill have hardly touched them in the last year and a half or so

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X