AMD Phenom II X4 945 --- F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL --- MSI 870A-G54

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Phenom II X4 945 --- F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL --- MSI 870A-G54

Hi everyone. I recently purchased the items in my title for a new build, unfortunately my system did not run (BSOD every time i tried to install windows 7... was able to boot into XP on an old hard drive but it also kept BSODing shortly after booting). I ran a memtest and these sticks failed spectacularly with over 700k errors.

I am going to RMA them back to newegg but i want to make sure these are compatible with AMD systems since I ordered them on accident and didn't realize they were specifically designed for sandy bridge systems. Newegg doesn't say that these are compatible with AMD, so i'd like to clarify before replacing them. Thanks for the help!

These should work, though they are designed with SandyBridge in mind, may want to look at the stock Ripjaws i.e. F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Well it looks like i only have 1 bad stick... 1 good one passed memtest no problem and the other wouldnt even boot. Got my system running great on the one good stick... gonna RMA them back to newegg for the same model. Thanks for the reply!

Comment

No problem, glad you got it resolved, drop a line when you get the replacement

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Got the replacements... Working beautifully

Comment

Working...
          X