Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16gb ddr3 + lga 775 = ?

Hey g.skill fans,

I have a physical computer that is a Virtual Machine host, currently running 4 VMs on 4 GB of RAM. So, I want to upgrade the amount of RAM to 16 GB, so why not grab a 16 GB (4 x 4GB) pack of Ripjaws?

I will need to get a new LGA 775 mother board to do this, and i want to make sure I select a compatible motherboard.

RAM
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333

MOBO
    MSI P43-C51 LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard

CPU
    Intel Q6600

Will this mobo work properly with this RAM? Anybody have a better suggestion for a LGA 775 mobo then what I have listed above? Thanks!!!

Should work Okay, what type of OC are you going to run the 6600 3.0, 3.3, 3.6???

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

No real intent on OC'ing, just want stable always on performance

The OCing is on my primary rig... I7-930 currently @ 4.6 ghz 12 GB of G.Skill Trident

Comment

Any objections to this setup working okay? Any other LGA 775 mobo recommendations that can handle 16 GB like this?

Comment

Probably want to take the FSB up to 1333 anyway to run the DRAM and will need additional voltage to CPU and NB

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X