Possible issues with F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible issues with F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

Motherboard: ASRock 870 Extreme3 (latest bios)
    Memory: F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
    CPU: Phenom II x2 555BE

When starting up my computer it would freeze on the windows loading screen. I went into the bios and I checked my auto settings. The timings were ok but the speed was 1333 and voltage was 1.645 instead of 1600 and 1.5v. So, I manually put in those and the correct timings (9-9-9-24-2N). Then it would not even post. I looked on here and saw recommendations to raise the voltage gradually. So I did that and had to go to 1.6 to get them to boot. However, I am now getting random freezes.

I used memtest86+ on each stick individually and had trouble posting. Both also froze within a couple minutes of memtest86+. With both of them in I ran memtest86+ for 5 passes. Two were error free. One had 4 errors and two had 2 errors. All of these errors were in Test #5. It did not tell me which channel the errors were in but the addresses were all between 1500mb and 2100mb. I'm not sure what else to try here, or if the stick are bad. Help would be appreciate. Thanks.

DRAM Frequency DDR3-1333
    CPU Host/Bus Frequency 240
    DRAM Timings 9-9-9-24
    DRAM Voltage 1.50V

Then test one module at a time.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I tried this and neither stick would post at 1.5v. I had to go to 1.6v to get them to always boot. Neither stick made it past 5 minutes in memtest86+ without freezing.

Comment

Could try raising the CPU/NB by .05 to .1 and the DRAM at 1.55.....what's your vCore?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

My vCore is at 1.47 right now. NB Frequency is 2400 and voltage is 1.3. Computer will not post consistently with 1.55 DRAM.

Comment

Did you raise NB? Should be safe up to 1.6 or so w/DRAM and up to 1.4 on NB

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I've had to raise DRAM to 1.6 to have it boot constantly but it was still freezing. Thats a .2v increase for me on the NB over stock. I'll try it at 1.4 and see how it goes.

Comment

Did you run memtest on each stick individually?
                AMD Phenom II X6 1090T@ 4.2GHz
                Corsair H50 Hydro (push/pull intake fans)
                ASUS Crosshair V Formula
                2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX@ 1975MHz, 9-10-9-28 (2T)
                SLI: 2x EVGA GTX 570's@ 902/1804/2032
                Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
                Corsair HX850W Modular
                Cooler Master HAF 922 (200mm side fan)
                2x Win 7 Home Premium (x64)

Comment

I raised the NB voltage to 1.4. I rebooted the computer and logged in then left for a few hours. When I came back it was frozen. I didn't even open a single thing after I logged in.

Neither stick will get through memtest86+ at any speed and voltage settings I have tried. The longest a test has lasted is 6 minutes until it froze. I can get through a pass with 2 of them in dual channel, sometimes with no errors, sometimes with up to 4 in Test #5. I'm going to try each one individually and only do Test #5 to see if I can get through it before it freezes.

Comment

Have you checked if your settings and changed settings work on anyother system with same specs?

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't have access to another system to try the stick out in. Nor do I have access to any other DDR3 sticks to try in mine.

Comment

Send the memory in for a new kit to see if that works better.

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Should I go through you guys or through New Egg?

Comment

If it's within 30 days of purchase best to go through the retailer, else contact GSkill at rma@gskillusa.com or rma@gskill.com (world)

Tman

Comment

Working...
                            X