bios settings for f3-1066CL8D-4GBRM + MSI 890FXA-GD70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bios settings for f3-1066CL8D-4GBRM + MSI 890FXA-GD70

good day to all, any advice in configuring a good settings for my gskill F3-1066CL8D-4GBRM (2X2gb) my mem si set like this --|| is it set in dual channel? or should i do it like this ||--, my procie is 955be and would like to oc it at 3.7, my mobo is MSI 890FXA-GD70, first time doing this (newbie) so i would like to do it with the right advice, tnx
    Last edited by Bien; 02-03-2011, 09:41 PM. Reason: added a few questions

You want them in slots 1-2 (black, closest to CPU). They should be plug and play, but can into BIOS and check theat base timings picked up correctly (these are the 10666 model I'm guessing , you show 1066) so base timings should come up 8-8-8-24 and DRAM voltage 1.5. Might look for Command Rate (or Command Timing, DRAM Command or something like that with a value of 1N or 2N< you'll prob want 2N, but if 1N runs stable that is better

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

oh yeah its f3-10666CL8D-4GBRM sorry my bad, ok will do that, tnx again

Comment

by the way about the timings, i selected dct1 in the bios for dram config is it right? or should i choose dct2 or both? saw the timings of my ram in the bios of my msi890fxa-gd70 which are set to auto, it was set to 1t but the timings were not 8-8-8-24 so in order to set it manually i have to choose from dct1, dct2, or both then what now where should i enter the values? tnx in advance

Comment

Just set your base timings, speed and voltage to spec. Command Rate to 2N and leave rest at auto should do it

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X