Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSOD (Memory Management)

Hi everyone,

Am having a bit of a problem with my hardware. My current setup is Asus Maximus III Extreme bios 1204, I7 860, Gskills F3-16000CL9-2GBTD x 4. I am using XMP to set the memory at 2000Mhz Speed. My windows keeps giving me BSOD and sometimes some stratup programs just don't work or the Aero theme just disables or the graphic driver fails and restarts. am trying to find some common ground between these hardware and am having a hard time making them work together perfectly. i would really appreciate any kind of help.

Thanks

Have you tried one module or kit at a time to see if one may be defective? Did you try raising IMC Voltage?

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I tested the ram individually with memtest but with no errors.
      i havent tried to raise the IMC voltage i will try that and get back to you on that.

thanks

Comment

is there some kind of setting someone has tried on these hardware that are somehow stable. for now my system is stable am currently using XMP but it's not always stable. i tested the ram again and nothing is wrong. can there be a defective ram but it doesn't show up on memtest !!?

Comment

Post pictures of BIOS and I can see what's going on. I can pull these out to test and show you, but I have taken these to DDR3-2400 before, so I know it's capable.

You may also have two incompatible kits, but it's hard to troubleshoot when you say system is stable, but not always.. haha

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Now that you mentioned it i installed a new win7 64bit yesterday. i was doing a test so i used 1 kit and everything was fine.. after finishing up the software after installing the antivirus it didn't startup. i restarted and still it didn't start. i uninstalled and installed it again it worked. then i went into control panel and clicked on user accounts suddenly the explorer made and error and restarted.. i removed the kit and used the other kit.. after checking the 1st kit i found out that 2 capacitors at the end of the ram were missing.. having that i thought i found the problem i got it fixed today by replacing them. but when i used every kit alone everything was working fine. when i installed both kits directly after booting the aero theme didn't show up and am still using XMP.

Comment

Comment

For two kits may want to up DRAM voltage to 1.65ish

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

ok i will test on higher voltage. and yesterday it happened again and the graphic driver just stopped and recovered, i was using the kit with the ram that i just fixed now am trying the other kit. if in these 2 days everything was smooth then i guess it was the defective ram that did this if not i guess i have to install both kits and try uping the voltage to 1.65V.

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

The same thing happened with the other kit that has no problem with it. the graphic driver just failed and recovered. now am using all 2 kits , i uped the IMC voltage to 1.363 and the dram to 1.65. fingers crossed

by the way.... when enabling the xmp profile shouldn't the processor be also overclocked automatically.. the processor stays at 2.83 and whats more annoying is that the windows shows it running at 2.27 while coretemp or cpuz shows it as 2.83.
                      Last edited by x5tech; 02-06-2011, 11:41 PM.

Comment

It didn't work i turned on my pc today and i got like 4 blue screens. am getting frustrated it's simply impossible that both kits are defective. is there a chance that the PSU is not handling the pressure. i have a gigabyte 720w. but the rest of my hardware are gtx295 and 4 Hdds.

Any other suggestions guys !!!!

Comment

It is possible that the two kits are incompatible with each other.

Thank you
                          GSKILL TECH

Comment

but i already told you that i used each kit alone and used xmp profile and used manual settings and still i had the same problem.

Comment

Is that the latest BIOS? Does one module at a time have a problem?

Thank you
                              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                              X