Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Phenom II X6 1075T Thuban 3.0GHz F3-14400CL9D-4GBFLS 1800mhz + ASUS M4A78T-E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me propose you something.... if you have an old compatible video card which ain't hefty... or in fact, since it's the m4A78T_E LOL... take out your gfx card and plz try a lot of your troubleshooting all over without the gfx card in it.. let me know if it makes a difference. (I wouldn't be suprised if it did and no, it is not me suspecting the gfx card ;p)

Comment

You are welcome to nuke redmond, richmond whateva.. if you think you would have to pay extortionate amounts for using one particualr operative system which is so and so, because you need to RMA your motherboard

No.. it is bound to a set of about 5-7 components now (used to be 3 or so or 3-5) maybe it's 3-5 now, but one mobo change will not invalidate your (OEM ) license. A full retail license of course, would not be subject to this restriction.

Comment

My first impression, don't tell me that he/she is running all of these components on a Rosewill 530W PSU.
        Seriously, I would bet my bottom dollar that this the root of your problems.
        The PSU is the most critical component that can go into any modern build.
        Also, use ASUS Probe II to get an accurate reading on your system temps.
        You could possibly have an over heating issue as well, especially with your NB chip.
        Last edited by NemesisChild; 02-04-2011, 12:22 PM.
        AMD Phenom II X6 1090T@ 4.2GHz
        Corsair H50 Hydro (push/pull intake fans)
        ASUS Crosshair V Formula
        2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX@ 1975MHz, 9-10-9-28 (2T)
        SLI: 2x EVGA GTX 570's@ 902/1804/2032
        Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
        Corsair HX850W Modular
        Cooler Master HAF 922 (200mm side fan)
        2x Win 7 Home Premium (x64)

Comment

Let me explain why I believe your system is under powered.
          When looking at PSU's, it's critical to know how many continuous watts that the unit provides.
          Your Rosewil is rated at 530W, but it will not provide this amount on a continuous basis (look at the label).
          Only higher end units can deliver their rated wattage on a continuous basis.
          Also, never go above 80% of the rated continuous wattage with total system components for efficiency purposes.
          So let's say your Rosewill provides 500 continuous watts x 80% = 400 watts for total system components.

These are estimates for your build:
          1075T - 125W
          ATI 5670 - 200W
          Motherboard - 75W

These three components alone are using 400 watts.
          And it obviously doesn't include the other components that are drawing wattage in your system.
          You begin to overclock your CPU and GPU, you can easily add another 50 watts to each.

See where I'm going with this?
          Last edited by NemesisChild; 02-04-2011, 12:50 PM.
          ASUS Crosshair V Formula
          Corsair HX850W Modular

Comment

I have a rated ups at 600 watts and with the 42" led tv, home theater playing voice level music and my pc with the gfx card it only pulls 336 w max while running stability test with amd overdrive.

interesting, I turned off my radio to see how much power it was using and the stability test failed. it dropped down 36 w. though. with the tv and pc running idle alone draws 192 watts .

pc just froze.

why would it take 5 to 10 minutes to boot after I reset it. its random some times it will not boot at all but at times will start post minutes later?

as for my choice of psu I used a psu calculator for all the future components I thought I would use. I wanted adequate amount of watts and amps for the buck.

Just did one with the newegg.

Our recommended PSU Wattage: 416 W
            thats wih my rig the way it is now.

http://images10.newegg.com/BizIntell...alc/index.html

took out the gfx card and it still will not post.
            Last edited by animaluc; 02-04-2011, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Follow this link, then use the PSU wattage calculator located in the first post:

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90125

All the issues that you're describing point to your PSU, it's under powered for your components.

Period!
              ASUS Crosshair V Formula
              Corsair HX850W Modular

Comment

this is my 2nd psu.

1st one
                http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817371007

i learned i need a single rail and more amps.

and got the rosewill 530w
                http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817182199

Your system should easily be able to run quietly and efficiently on any of the recommended supplies without compromising performance or reliability
                Corsair VX450W
                Corsair VX550W

up to
                Corsair Professional HX650W

parameters were
                phenom IIx4 cause they did not have x6 and my gfx card ati 5600 and 2 hard drives 30%+ oc'd and gfx card oc'd

http://www.corsair.com/learn_n_explore/?psu=yes

Comment

OK if you say so, but I'm not convinced that your PSU is effectively powering your system.

Good luck....
                  ASUS Crosshair V Formula
                  Corsair HX850W Modular

Comment

disconnected optical drive all fans except cpu and removed my gfx card still will not post. fan running at idle but if i unlatch the cpu and engage it again I bet it posts.been the remedy in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by solar View Post
                      You are welcome to nuke redmond, richmond whateva.. if you think you would have to pay extortionate amounts for using one particualr operative system which is so and so, because you need to RMA your motherboard

No.. it is bound to a set of about 5-7 components now (used to be 3 or so or 3-5) maybe it's 3-5 now, but one mobo change will not invalidate your (OEM ) license. A full retail license of course, would not be subject to this restriction.
                      so I will lose my video card if I transfer it to my other board? how are they married?

Comment

Originally posted by YourNemesis007 View Post
                        Let me explain why I believe your system is under powered.
                        When looking at PSU's, it's critical to know how many continuous watts that the unit provides.
                        Your Rosewil is rated at 530W, but it will not provide this amount on a continuous basis (look at the label).
                        Only higher end units can deliver their rated wattage on a continuous basis.
                        Also, never go above 80% of the rated continuous wattage with total system components for efficiency purposes.
                        So let's say your Rosewill provides 500 continuous watts x 80% = 400 watts for total system components.

1075T - 125W
                        ATI 5670 - 200W
                        Motherboard - 75W

These three components alone are using 400 watts.
                        And it obviously doesn't include the other components that are drawing wattage in your system.
                        You begin to overclock your CPU and GPU, you can easily add another 50 watts to each.

See where I'm going with this?
                        As of January 2010, ATI Radeon™ HD 5670 Graphics cards are the only graphics cards under 75 Watts at full load to provide full support for DirectX? 11, ATI Eyefinity and ATI Stream technology.
                        http://www.sapphiretech.com/presenta...000101&pid=309

correct

Wattage 125 W
                        AMD Phenom II X6 1075T Thuban 3.0GHz 6
                        http://products.amd.com/en-us/Deskto...f10=&f11=&f12=

that comes to 275 watts
                        gfx card, cpu and mb

1075T - 125W
                        ATI 5670 - 200W
                        Motherboard - 75W

that brings it too 375. that leaves me 155 in psu headroom.

in truth 80% 0f 530 is 424. so 424- 375=49

in conclusion not much wiggle room.

investing in this
                        http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817182191

seems the psu calculators are useless then.
                        Last edited by animaluc; 02-04-2011, 11:41 PM.

Comment

No it doesn't, read up on PSU wattage, draw from the wall, efficiency, and load considerations.
                          Dude, your PSU is NOT giving you 530 watts of continuous power.
                          Headroom, what headroom? There is absolutely none, you are overdrawn on your usage with that unit.

I'm not going to post anymore about your PSU, maybe someday (or year) you'll see the light.

Good luck...
                          ASUS Crosshair V Formula
                          Corsair HX850W Modular

Comment

Just tested my psu and it was fine.

PC POWER TESTER SATA ATX BTX ITX 20 24 PIN POWER SUPPLY
                            http://cgi.ebay.com/PC-POWER-TESTER-...item5adee3c309

bought thinking my last psu was bad. sold it on ebay and no complaints ever came my way that psu was good too. the next psu had more watts at 80% and more amps. ran fine for awhile but I wanted to use all of my cpu and ram and i think i messed up the mother board in the process. bare in mind I never exceeded any specs on my cpu or ram. still have no answer on why my cpu/nb voltage was bouncing around so much. on auto it reached 1.375 once I found that to be to high I set it at 1.25 and it would bounce from that to 1.15 when it the past would bounce from 1.375-1.15.

Comment

Does your bios have a CPU/NB Load Line Calibration setting?
                              ASUS Crosshair V Formula
                              Corsair HX850W Modular

Comment

no such thing.
                                manuals here

http://static.compusa.com/pdf/e4465_M4A78T-E_v2.pdf
                                http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=cf8IZzbU4m6GHKnW

you broke my confidence and I went ahead and bought this.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817182191
                                Last edited by animaluc; 02-05-2011, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X