• Unable to reach 2000mhz with 8GB Flares + 1090T + MSI 890FXA-GD70

My current setup is:

AMD 1090T Hexacore CPU
    MSI 890FXA-GD70 Motherboard
    8GB - G.SKILL F3-16000CL8D-8GBFLS 2x4GB 2000 DDR3 Flares
    HX850W Corsair PSU
    H50 Corsair CPU cooler
    EVGA 012-P3-1472-AR GTX 470 Superclocked 1280MB DDR5 Graphics Card

After testing to see where my board's limits were for overclocking my CPU I finally decided to go after the specified 1000mhz @ 8-9-8-24-1T from these $400 (at the time) flares.

I've tried multiple settings with adjustments to the voltages as well but when I get my ram to reach 2000 in the bios after saving it will not let me boot forcing me to go back to previous bios settings. I've even entered the info for the Flares manually into the DRAM area and also adjusted the DDR voltages.

Have there been known success stories with this Motherboard/RAM combo to date? If so, can I please get any possible settings for this BIOS please?

Thanks.

Last attempt I had these settings:
    FSB = 250
    Mult = 16x
    HT = 2000
    NB = 3000
    CPU volt = 1.375
    CPU/NB volt = 1.275
    DDR volt = 1.651

Tweak voltages such as CPU-NB Voltage to stabilize the memory.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I just want to note how UNHELPFUL that response was. I clearly stated I've tried multiple adjustments with the voltages. Thanks anyway.

Comment

CR will need to be at 2N, CPU/NB may need 1.375 or so, CPU may also need to go up a bit

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Well, if all your hardware is good, the memory modules are error free, all that's left are settings and voltages. There are no compatibility issues, but make sure you have the latest BIOS.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

You have your CPU/NB frequency set way too high at 3000MHz with this Flare set.
            Putting too much stress on the IMC, try it around 2600-2700MHz.
            Set the CPU/NB voltage at 1.275v and NB voltage at 1.3875v.
            The 890 chipset and 1090T IMC may not allow you to achieve 2000MHz with 8GB memory.
            Keep in mind that the 890 chipset is basically limited to 1866MHz memory, fact of life.
            The new AMD 990 chipset will fully support memory up to 2133MHz.

I played around with a 2x4GB 2133 memory set a few months back.
            Could not maintain consistent stability above 2000MHz.
            1907MHz was the best I could do for overall 24/7 stability.
            My 2x2GB CL7 Flares would easily do 2055MHz, but again, this was only a 4GB set.

Installing my new Crosshair V Formula tomorrow, going to test a host of memory modules soon.
            AMD Phenom II X6 1090T@ 4.2GHz
            Corsair H50 Hydro (push/pull intake fans)
            ASUS Crosshair V Formula
            2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX@ 1975MHz, 9-10-9-28 (2T)
            SLI: 2x EVGA GTX 570's@ 902/1804/2032
            Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
            Corsair HX850W Modular
            Cooler Master HAF 922 (200mm side fan)
            2x Win 7 Home Premium (x64)

Comment

Okay. These are the kinds of responses I was hoping to get. Sorry if I came off rude but it just was frustrating not having any clear responses. Thank you everyone.

Been away from this build for a while but now I'm going back to start tweaking again. So I'll keep all the advice in mind.

On another note, NemisisChild what fan(s) did you decide on using for the push/pull on your H50? Curious since that's an easy buy to drop 2-5 degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by InSaiyanOne View Post
                Okay. These are the kinds of responses I was hoping to get. Sorry if I came off rude but it just was frustrating not having any clear responses. Thank you everyone.

Been away from this build for a while but now I'm going back to start tweaking again. So I'll keep all the advice in mind.

On another note, NemisisChild what fan(s) did you decide on using for the push/pull on your H50? Curious since that's an easy buy to drop 2-5 degrees.
                I'm using Ultra performance, dual ball bearing fans (rated at 2100 RPM's).
                AMD Phenom II X6 1090T@ 4.2GHz
                Corsair H50 Hydro (push/pull intake fans)
                ASUS Crosshair V Formula
                2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX@ 1975MHz, 9-10-9-28 (2T)
                SLI: 2x EVGA GTX 570's@ 902/1804/2032
                Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
                Corsair HX850W Modular
                Cooler Master HAF 922 (200mm side fan)
                2x Win 7 Home Premium (x64)

Comment

Working...
                X