F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL x 2 & Asus P7P55D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL x 2 & Asus P7P55D

I have had a Asus P7P55D and F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL (2 x 2gb) for six months now and both have worked very successfull. At Christmas I purchased another F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL (2 x 2GB) to make the total ram 8GB (4 x 2GB).

Since the upgrade have had a regular BSOD within 10 minutes of starting Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I have done 2 reinstalls using new HD's just to be sure that it was not HD corruption.

After testing all sticks of RAM using Memtest (one at a time) all passed fine. I have found that I can either run my older set of F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL or the newer setup F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL. It is impossible to run both together without getting BSOD

I am running in XMP and all timings appear to be correct (after checking ram and these forums)

Does anyone have an ideas on how to make the pair work in harmony?!!! or should I see if I can RMA both sets, for sets that would work together?

It's getting frustrating not being able to run the full 8GB

What CPU and speed? and could you post your BIOS settings

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

CPU is Intel Core i5 750 2.66Ghz (Lynnfield) (Socket LGA1156)

Motherboard is running on all default settings apart from running in AHCI, XMP in AI overlcock mode. Ram settings are 9,9,9,24 & 1.5v

I have tried upping the voltage of the ram up to 1.65 but this take little effect and the BSOD still happen.

I'm also using a 650w Silverstone PSU
      Last edited by metran; 01-26-2011, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Could you post your system voltage settings from the BIOS, may need more juice tot he CPU and MC

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

At present

CPU Core Voltage - 1.024V (set to auto)

IMC Voltage - 1.15v (set to auto)

These are the default settings

and I am running on the latest bios 2003
          Last edited by metran; 01-26-2011, 10:23 AM.

Comment

You may have two incompatible memory kits, especially if they were purchased at different times. If you continue to have problems, send them in for RMA and we can send you two new kits to see if they work better.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Big Thanks

Just wanted to say thanks, I received the replacement memory a week or so ago and is working a treat.

Many thanks

Comment

No problem, glad to hear the issue is resolved.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                X