• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G Skill F3-12800CL7-2GBRM + Asus P5P43TD

Hi,

CPU: quad core 8300 2.5GHz
    Motherboard: Asus P5P43TD
    RAM: G Skill F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM (--dual channel kit with 1.6 default voltage) that i try to use at 1333Mhz, timing-AUTO

In BIOS, everything is set to AUTO.

I tested the memory with memtest and it seems to be ok(no errors).

I get randomly the Bsod. I've tried to increase ram voltage to 1,7 but-no positive results. I've also tried to set it at 1,5.

Unfortunately I saw this http://www.gskill.com/configurator.php after I bought the ram kit. It seems to be incompatible with my mobo.

anybody can give me some advice(bios configuration) to fix this bsod problem?

thx in advance.
    Last edited by danewone; 02-09-2011, 12:01 PM.

With two sets you'll probably have to raise NB by .1 or so, and check tRFC, prob need around 80....if you could post your BIOS settings of DRAM and system voltages might be able to see something...also, the two sets might just not like each other

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

how can i post BIOS settings when everything is set to AUTO? sorry, i'm a newbie

i raised nb voltage to 1.20(from standard 1.10)

ps: 2 sets means 2 kit? because I have only one kit(2+2 Gb) on 1st and 3rd slot. in first post i wasn't precise.

Comment

DDR3-1333 7-7-7-21 1.60V

Let me know how those settings work.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

my current ram configuration is: 1333 7-7-7-21-82-2T AND NB voltage 1.2. All other settings are AUTO.
          I continualy get BSOD. i also tried to set tRFC AUTO(a little bit <80).
          What can i do?
          Last edited by danewone; 01-31-2011, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Did you try one module at a time or one kit at a time to make sure the memory works fine first? It is also possible that you have two kits that are not compatible with each other.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

why are you talking about 2 kits? i have only one kit.
              what i should do to see if each ram module woks fine?? configuration?

i get bsod 1 time/day (averagely) and this it happens even if i use photoshop or/and video editing during entire day.
              i can test(memtest which version and configuration? default??) each module for a hole night but how can i use the results?

somebody can explain me what kind of incompatibility is between this ram and my mobo?

Comment

We're confused also, you show 'F3-12800CL7-2GBRM (x2--' which is a partial model number (missing a letter after the CL7 (either an S or D) then you have 'x2' - the '2GBRM' indicates the model is 2GB total in package/kit/set so if you have 4GB we are assuming two different packages and different packages/sets/kits etc don't always want to play well together....

To check the sticks individually it's best to run Memtest on each stick can dowload, get instructions, etc here:

http://www.memtest.org/

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

sorry, mea culpa.
                  the kit name is f3-12800 cl7d-4gbrm. the name previously mentioned is token from cpuid.
                  i'm sorry again

i will test each kit module. but how i should configure the system ?

1333 7-7-7-21-82-2T AND NB voltage 1.2
                  a lower tRFC is better?
                  you are experts, isn't better a minimum configuration(like eg. 1000 9-9-9-9...) for tests?

if i get errors(i'm sure after A LOT of tests) how will be able to understand if it's a ram malfunction or a incompatibility?

somebody can explain me what kind of incompatibility is between this ram and my mobo?
                  i would like to know it in order to make researches

Comment

What is your DRAM Voltage? Too high or too low of tRFC can cause instability.

For testing, you should try rated timings, 7-8-7-24.

Test one module at a time to see if it is RAM malfunction or incompatibility.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

confirm the raise of NB voltage to 1.2(from standard 1.1)?
                      7-8-7-24-and?-and? these timings are valid for 1333 mhz?

the problem is that i can't read dram voltage(in bios/programs), i can only set it.

Comment

CPU-NB Voltage, not NB Voltage. There are two, so don't mistake them.

Yes, DDR3-1333 7-8-7-24

Look in Hardware Monitor, it should show actual DRAM Voltage.

Thak you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
                          With two sets you'll probably have to raise NB by .1 or so, and check tRFC, prob need around 80....if you could post your BIOS settings of DRAM and system voltages might be able to see something...also, the two sets might just not like each other
                          in Tradesman's suggestion he talks about NB or CPU-NB?

other thing->dram voltage:

for example now i'm using the old kingston that has 1.5 voltage(all BIOS settings are AUTO)
                          this is the current read:
                          Voltage 0 1.09 Volts [0x88] (CPU VCORE)
                          Voltage 1 1.84 Volts [0xE6] (VIN1)
                          Voltage 2 3.12 Volts [0xC3] (+3.3V)
                          Voltage 3 4.66 Volts [0xC2] (+5V)
                          Voltage 4 8.09 Volts [0x91] (+12V)
                          Voltage 5 1.62 Volts [0xCA] (VIN5)
                          Voltage 6 1.02 Volts [0x80] (VIN6)
                          Temperature 0 28?C (82?F) [0x1C] (SYSTIN)
                          Temperature 1 32?C (89?F) [0x40] (CPUTIN)
                          Temperature 2 81?C (177?F) [0xA2] (AUXTIN)
                          Fan 1 1156 RPM [0x92] (CPUFANIN0)

i don't find nothing 1.5.
                          it happens with gskill too.
                          i tried to set ram voltage and then to read the set value, but i can't find it.
                          Last edited by danewone; 02-10-2011, 02:33 PM.

Comment

IMPORTANT detail: till now i've always used EPU-4 engine that lowers cpu vcore at 0.93(instead of 1.1) and cpu frequancy at 2000(instead of 2500). these are only the parametres that i see changed.

i've never thought this program could cause the system instability.
                            anyway i will test a few days and then i'll tell you the results.

PS: same bsod during the test of the first module
                            Last edited by danewone; 02-12-2011, 05:48 AM.

Comment

CPU/NB is what I meant, sorry bout that, sometimes I forget I don't know who I'm dealing with...the EPU-4 engine is not always very precise, versions need to keep up with and match to whatever the current BIOS and drivers you are running, so your voltages may show as one thing in one place and another elsewhere

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X