Problems with F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL and Asus P55D-Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL and Asus P55D-Pro

So I got 8gigs of the F3-10666CL9D as an upgrade to use with my i5-750 proc and an Asus P55-D Pro mobo running Win7 Pro 64 bit. I've been running with 4G of Kingston DDR3 set at 666.7 Mhz with timings of 9-9-9-24 and 1.5v with no problems and figured the new RAM should just drop in. Even if there were issues I figured I could just remove the old sticks and go with the 8G.

The first set of sticks wouldn't POST consistently and Windows would only recognize 4G at most. I RMA'd the sticks and got a new set last week. They POST fine and are recognized by Windows, but the system becomes highly unstable and apps begin to crash within a minute or two of boot. I'm NOT OC'ing or doing anything exotic, and let the mobo set the RAM timings in the BIOS using the auto setup (Mem-OK) feature. When I check the BIOS settings, everything appears to be set correctly: 9-9-9-24, 1.5v 666Mhz.

I'd love to have all 12G running together, but would settle for just the 8G running stably. Any suggestions? For a stock install this has been way more trouble than it should be...

Could you post your BIOS settings and do you have the latest BIOS

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS? Try one module at a tiem to see if one performs differently.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Which settings?

I'm using BIOS rev 1807 dated 7/23/2010.

@Tradesman - For the BIOS settings, what are you looking for in particular? There's a lot in there. :P

For the most part, everything to do with DRAM timing and Voltage is set to auto.

@ GSkill Tech - I'll try using the sticks one at a time and see if that makes any difference.

Comment

Working...
        X