F3-12800CL6T-6GBTD on GA-X58A-UD3R at stock speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL6T-6GBTD on GA-X58A-UD3R at stock speed

After RMA of my faulty F3-12800CL6T-6GBTD sticks I tried the brand new replacement set on my Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R (rev1.0) and they work fine and pass memtest v4.1 at auto settings in the bios (f6), that's 1066MHz.
    Of course I want them to work at stock speed (1600MHz 6-7-6-18-2T) to do so i enable xmp profile (didn't see any difference between using xmp or doing it manually) and set DRAM voltage to 1.64V (1.66V doesn't boot), but in that case the bios only dectects 4gb out of 6gb total (same when i remove a stick, it sees 2 instead of 4gb).
    I've seen many articles and posts about that missing memory and I already tried every voltage step for QPI/VTT (=QPI/DRAM or CPU/VTT) from 1.175V (auto setting) to 1.555V and the result is the same.
    I also raised QPI/PLL, ICH, same ...
    The nearer i could get from stock speed is by enabling xmp, setting VDRAM to 1.64V and lowering the spd multiplier to 10 so i get 1333MHz (6-6-5-19-2T).
    So please, i already spend lot of time reading the gskill forum and it is very confuse, techs and admins never seem to reach a solution, and i need a clear, complete and working list of settings for using F3-12800CL6T-6GBTD on Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R (rev1.0) at stock specifications (1600MHz 6-7-6-18).
    Thanks.

Do you have the latest BIOS? Might want to run memtest on each stick individually at 1600 and ensure the sticks are all good, if so that may point to a bad slot on the mobo...If all sticks test OK at 1600, get bacjk to us and pls post your BIOS settings and the CPU being used....this particular mobo has had numerous problems

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Again, there is no solution because it can be a variety of issues. Look at the stickys on the main DDR3 page for the missing memory topic.

QPI/VTT is way to high at 1.55V, it should be around 1.25V, but I don't even know what CPU have..

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

tests

Sorry for the delay, it took me quite some time to test them all, and all my apologies, since i received them directly from RMA i assumed they couldn't be faulty. Basic testing is never to be dismissed ^^.

First of all, i use a i7 930 (@2.9GHz=22x133 MHz).
        After testing sticks separately, one of them is obviously faulty, no boot with xmp activated, whatever DRAM voltage setting.
        The two other sticks are passing memtest v4.1 without error alone or together:
        Bios at auto settings, only xmp enabled, DRAM voltage set to auto : no boot
        Bios at auto settings, only xmp enabled, DRAM voltage set to 1.60V : no boot
        Bios at auto settings, only xmp enabled, DRAM voltage set to 1.62V : thousand errors before test #3
        Bios at auto settings, only xmp enabled, DRAM voltage set to 1.64V : one error before test #3
        Bios at auto settings, only xmp enabled, DRAM voltage set to 1.66V : no errors at all

I honestly didn't expect to get a faulty stick from RMA, and I am quite annoyed by the idea of sending the sticks back to you at my expense (Taiwan i so far ...) waiting another 3 weeks minimum and hopefully ... beeing done with this
        Thanks.

Comment

Ask them to test before shipping, that should guarantee a good kit.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

I face the same problem with 2.0 version of the same board. Maximum clock it may run stable at labeled latencies is 1400~1450. I have a fan over them, so heat cannot be the issue.

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS?

Try slightly higher timings or voltage to see if it can work better

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
              X