Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F3-12800CL9T2-12GBRL + ASUS Rampage III Formula + Core i7 980x -- stability problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9T2-12GBRL + ASUS Rampage III Formula + Core i7 980x -- stability problem

RAM: G.SKILL F3-12800CL9T2-12GBRL (3 x 4GB)
    Mobo: ASUS Rampage III Formula (bios version 0505)
    CPU: Intel Core i7 980x

I can't seem to find a stable BIOS setting for this configuration. I've copied several of the recommended posts and the computer still crashes. I though the QPI was to low so I tried 1.2V with no success so I went back to the default setting. I've adjusted the majority of suggested settings. Here are my BIOS settings.

Open to suggestions,
    Thanks

May want to change Timing Mode to 2

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks TMAN.
      TM changed to 2N and still crashes.

Comment

I have to run, back later this afternoon, GSkill should probably be in before I return, but might want to raise CPU voltage some maybe start at 1.2

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

DRAM Frequency should be DDR3-1600

DRAM Bus Voltage should be 1.50V.

This memory should not require you to adjust QPI/DRAM Core Voltage.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

I started the CPU voltage at 1.2 and I'm up to 1.35 with no success. I've also tried adjusting DRAM Bus Voltages and QPI.

Comment

TM set to 2N
              DRAM Frequency set to DDR3-1600MHz
              CPU Voltage [1.2000]
              CPU PLL Voltage [Aut0]
              QPI/DRAM Core Voltage [1.2000]
              DRAM Bus Voltage [1.49725]

And it still crashes. I've also reseated the DIMMs.

Comment

Try a little higher for DRAM Bus Voltage. Do you have the latest BIOS?

Test one module at a time to see if it is a problem with one module.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

I checked the Asus web site and 0505 is the latest for Rampage II formula. I've increased DRAM voltage up to 1.65V and CPU Voltage up to 1.3V. I've also running on one DIMM with no success. I'll try swapping one DIMM at a time.

Thanks,

Comment

1.65V is too high, just enable XMP and test one module at a time in slot A1, you should have no problems..

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Rampage III Formula

I am having issues also, posted to a different post here at gskill but I think I can help:

Set AI Overclock to :XMP

Select Dram Frequency from list as close to 1600 as possible. It should be direct choice.

set cpu voltage to 1.3v see how it reports back in bios: if number is fluctuating at lower number, then manual set just above that number: ie 1.15 set to 1.2v.
                      PLL = AUTO
                      QPI = AUTO then try from there as auto could be higher than needed.
                      DRAM = 1.5 or whats on memory sticker AUTO has it at 1.6 so manual set to 1.6v, per your screenshot.

Keep memory set to 2N
                      You dialed in 9-9-9-24 leave that as is.

I keep waiting for a new bios revision.

I think your 980 has unlocked multiplier so when you select XMP you may see a slight overclock built into the XMP settings for the memory to work right. For my 950 and DDR2000 it auto selected 22x146ish over the 23x133stock. I changed to 23x167 for 3.85mhz. The same may apply if you overclock.

I hope this helps better than the child's post below.
                      Last edited by jsfitz54; 02-23-2011, 10:13 PM.

Comment

But he has DDR3-1600 memory... haha

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                        X