F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ On M4A78LT-M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ On M4A78LT-M

New build using F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ on an Asus M4A78LT-M.

The QVL lists this RAM as being able to run at DDR31600 (3 stick config 3x2GB)

When I have 3 sticks plugged into the motherboard the unit will not post.

I have only changed the memory voltage 1.500000v

Please let me know what settings to change to get the right speed from my RAM, and to use all 3 sticks.

Thanks!

Running AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Processor 2.80 Ghz

Ensure the sticks are in the proper slots and well seated, manually input the base timings and DRAM voltage in the BIOS along with setting the CR to 2. Will prob have to raise the NB voltage at least .1 and the vCore (CPU voltage some) , if you could post your BIOS settings we could narrow it down more

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

When I ran memtest it showed my timings at 9-9-9-24

I set memory voltage to 1.5

Everything else is Auto...

When it comes to setting memory timings and voltage I have no clue.....

I also have no idea about proper slots..... I have 3 of the 4 slots full.

Comment

Believe slot-wise you'll want 1-2-3 (from CPU), the timings are right, may want to check your Command Rate, will want it at 2, voltage is good. If any problems give us a holler and please list your BIOS settings

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks so much! After tinkering for a month and scouring forums for help with my new build, to no avail, I found this thread and have finally seen light at the end of the tunnel!

I wanted to follow up on this thread since I didn't see results from Matrix849, in case others have my/our problem. Here?s my situation:

I have the same RAM, similar MOBO (M4A87TD EVO) on a new build and have been unable to install Windows 7. Tried installing a different OS, tried different RAM, HDD, GPU, even PSU, and never made any progress in BIOS either. Win 7 would just freeze on the first installation screen with the colored orbs; they never fully formed the logo. Sometimes I'd just get a BSOD!

So today I found Tradesman?s suggestion here. I changed the RAM voltage from AUTO to 1.5v and bumped the command rate up to 2.

and?

Windows 7 is installing!

I?ve hit another speed bump at the end of the installation, but after a month of nothing I?m thrilled with the progress!

-Editor

Case: Apevia X-Dreamer3 ? Black & Blue
          MOBO: ASUS M4A87TD EVO
          CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1075T 3.0Ghz
          HDD: 500GB SATA2 Western Digital 7K
          Optical: LG DVD BURNER
          GPU: Nvidia GT240 1GB DDR3 (ASUS)
          PSU: Corsair 850TX ? 850w
          RAM: G-skill F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ (2GB x 3)
          -Editor
          ----------------------------------------------------

MOBO: ASUS M4A87TD EVO
          CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1075T 3.0Ghz
          RAM: G-skill F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ (2GB x 3)
          GPU: Nvidia GT240 1GB DDR3 (ASUS)
          PSU: Corsair 850TX ? 850w
          HDD: 500GB SATA2 Western Digital 7K
          Optical: LG DVD BURNER
          Case: Apevia X-Dreamer3 ? Black & Blue

Comment

Working...
          X