F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM (x2) and MSI 890GXM-G65 setting ram timings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM (x2) and MSI 890GXM-G65 setting ram timings

Hello, I currently have one of these kits and love it so much that I ordered another so I can run 8gb of ram.

My BIOS settings for my RAM are whatever it defaulted to with the exception of changing the DRAM Ratio so I could be at 1600. In terms of timings I have seen people recommend changing the timings manually to get more performance from better timings when using this memory on an AMD platform. They say things like 8-8-8 or other things. I thought about changing these values myself but there are far more settings in my bios than what others online have suggested I change. In addition to this I am unsure how to discover what values my BIOS is currently running the ram at right now.

With this problem I decided it would be best to ask here and to give all the necessary details in regards to my inquiry.

Motherboard: MSI 890GXM-G65
    RAM: G. Skill F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM (soon I will be running two of these kits)
    Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz - HDT90ZFBGRBOX

To give an idea here are the settings I have to input in my bios for ram timings...

Thank you.

Start w/ the spec timings and voltage, Command Rate at 2 and see what happens.....but expect to have to add voltage to CPU and NB

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

DRAM Timing Mode Both

tRCD 8
      tRP 7
      tRAS 24

Rest are OK on AUTO

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
      X