Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F3-12800CL6T-6GBTD on GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 2.0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL6T-6GBTD on GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 2.0)

Hello. I RMA'd my previous Asus Rampage II gene (X58) as it had a problem with the CPU VRMs and I got a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R. My problem is that my Ram cannot run anymore with its XMP profile enabled on its rated clock and latencies. I updated the motherboard to its latest BIOS.

F3-12800CL6T-6GBTD
    Model of the motherboard: GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 2.0)
    Bios: FE (latest as of posting time)
    Model of the memory: 6GB(2x3) Trident 1600mhz 6-7-6-18-2N (F3-12800CL6T-6GBTD)
    Model of the CPU: i7 920D0 2.66GHz (Stock)

Trying to boot with XMP profile on, the bios post begins, it reads 6gb while there are only 4gb usable passes the tests and before booting to windows it hard resets (with power-cut) similar as a failed overclock reset. Trying to enter manually the timings wouldn't bring a difference either.

Veryfying DMI Pool data...
    Recovering lost DRAM size...
    <Reboot>
    I post my bios screen pictures if you have any good idea. Maybe I should set some voltages manually or so.

Sidenote: It boots stable (passes stress tests) with XMP profile loaded and SPD multiplier to 10x (1333Mhz)

Memory settings:

Timings as read from the XMP profile:

Post Status with XMP Enabled (6gb detected/4gb usable issue)

Voltages BIOS page:

Thanks in advance for your time
    Last edited by ariskar; 01-01-2011, 04:49 PM.

Try QPI/VTT 1.2, QPI/PLL 1.2

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Try QPI/VTT 1.2, QPI/PLL 1.2
      Failed, same result as mentioned above

Comment

QPI/VTT meant to be 1.5, sorry bout that

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

QPI/VTT meant to be 1.5, sorry bout that
          These settings also failed, with the same result.
          Last edited by ariskar; 01-02-2011, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Have you tried BLCK 160 x 10 or 200 x 8? Somewhere in that area

Tman

Comment

Have you tried BLCK 160 x 10
              Failed with both QPI/VTT 1.2, QPI/PLL 1.2 or QPI/VTT 1.5, QPI/PLL 1.2 Had to set CPU multiplier low as 17x160=2.72GHz

200 x 8?
              Didn't even post with both QPI/VTT 1.2, QPI/PLL 1.2 or QPI/VTT 1.5, QPI/PLL 1.2. Had to set CPU multiplier low as 13x200=2.6GHz

Tried swapping RAM Modules positions, failed also. Still 100% Stable. Ram sinks are cooled with g.skill Turbulence Fan and are running cool to touch.

I also opened a support ticket with the issue in Gigabyte support platform.

Comment

if you would, let us know what GB says

Tman

Comment

if you would, let us know what GB says
                  ok, I am waiting for their reply on the ticket and will reply(bump) this topic. Thank you for the fast response and willingness to assist!

Comment

Wish we could have done more, maybe GSkill will have some ideas come Monday, have you run each stick individually w/ memtest?

Tman

Comment

I tested all RAM sticks individually with memtest @ 1066Mhz Cl9 and passed the test. Unluckily the best response I could get from Gigabyte team regarding this RAM issue was telling me to test other RAM modules on their motherboard QVL (Qualified vendors List)

Dear Karamessinis,

Thank you for your kindly mail and inquiry. It seems memory compatible issue; we can only suggest you to test another memory module which listed in the support list. If you are unable to test another module, then it is advised to contact to the original supplier for further examination. Sorry for the inconvenience.

For QVL memory support list, please click here.

If you still have any further question or suggestion about our products/service, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will try our best to help you resolve the problem ASAP.

Best Regards,
                      GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY

GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 2.0) QVL

This is plain furstrating. I tried various clocks and volotages settings, anything above 1333~1400 would not boot with CL6.
                      What do you advise me to do? Memory throughput tests show a 11~16% loss of bandwith compared to my previous setup with the ASUS motherboard with XMP on.

Comment

Do you have an aftermarket CPU Cooler? Check CPU pins on the mobo to make sure they are perfect. You may want to look into the sticky regarding possible causes for missing memory.. or just try a diff mobo.

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                          Do you have an aftermarket CPU Cooler? Check CPU pins on the mobo to make sure they are perfect. You may want to look into the sticky regarding possible causes for missing memory.. or just try a diff mobo.

Thank you
                          GSKILL TECH
                          I use an aftermarket cooler but the fact is that ram is properly recognised as 6 gb with spd multiplier set to 10 but when set to 12 (1600mhz effective) bios sees 6 gb with usable only 4gb. Which leads to a reset prior to windows boot as descriebed above.

Comment

Have you tried vCore at 1.33

Tman

Comment

DRAM Voltage should be 1.60V.

If you have an aftermarket CPU cooler, make sure no part of the mounts are touching the motherboard.

Thank you
                              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                              X