Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with F3-10666CL9T-12GBRL and GA-X58A-UD7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with F3-10666CL9T-12GBRL and GA-X58A-UD7?

Howdy,

I'm trying to get my new RAM and MoBo to play nice together and I know the Gigabyte board is not detecting the RAM correctly. I'm running an i7-960 on a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 with 12 gigs of RipJaw RAM, F3-10666CL9T-12GBRL. Whenever I change the settings it seems to hard lock while using, so here are the settings the BIOS detects:

Speed: 1066 MHz
    Voltage: 1.5V
    CAS Latency: 7
    tRCD: 7
    tRP: 7
    tRAS: 20
    tRC: 27
    tRRD: 4
    tWTR: 4
    tWR: 8
    tWTP: 19
    tWL: 7
    tRFC: 86
    tRTP: 4
    tFAW: 16
    CMD: 1
    Round Trip Latency: 57

I have no idea what most of the settings mean. I did bump the speed up to 1333 and manually set the first four to 9-9-9-24, but I'm getting hard freezes regularly. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

John Mc

Change speed to 1333, base timings to 9-9-9-24, DRAM voltage 1.5, and CMD to 2

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply. I set it up like you said and I'm running memtest right now. Although after I posted I checked my CPU and THREE of the pins had snapped on the stock Intel cooler. It was hanging on by a thread. Luckily I had heard those coolers were cheap so I had ordered a Noctua HSF and put that on. Everything seems to be running smooth as butter now.

Thanks,

John Mc

Comment

Sounds good, let us know how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X