F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL/ Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 Fails Mem Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL/ Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 Fails Mem Test

I built my computer about a month ago and recently I had several BSOD due to ntoskrnl. I ran Windows memory diagnostics and the test fails. All of my BIOS setting are on default.

RAM: F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
    Mobo:Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955

It could be RAM, could try raising the DRAM voltage .02 and or NB .05, but it sounds like a corrupt OS, page file or (if during boot) MBR......could delete and then create new page file (preferably a little larger than before) or do a system repair

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Windows boots fine and I the BSOD happen every 4 or five days. I've barely done anything with this computer in the past month since I've been busy just internet browsing and microsoft office but I guess a system repair couldn't hurt. I looked over the specs of my motherboard again and I noticed that the memory standard was listed as 1333/1066 and 1866 for overclocking. This RAM is 1666, could that be an issue?

Comment

I reinstalled windows and made sure all my driver were up to date. The RAM passes windows memtest and memtest86 for 10 passes but I still get the occasional blue screen. Before I change anything, I want to make sure I'm changing the right thing. I circled the two options, is this right?

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/.../IMG_0337b.jpg

Another question, is this RAM compatible with GA-870A-UD3, I just noticed that they are not listed as compatible memory by gigabyte.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=3423#sp

Comment

Manually set the DRAM voltage to between the rated spec and +.05, then if BSODs continue add .05 to .1 to NB

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X