Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ram errors with ddr3-2200 (f3-17600cl7q-8gbpis)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its at 2

Its at 2 and like i said 12,000 errors or more in 10 minutes with memtest86+

I dont think there was a single pass, they were all fails....

Comment

Are you testing with one module or the entire kit? Basic memtests should be with one module only.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

ram

Well, after turning everything to default and running memtest all nite the resuls are 2 errors. The errors were from 6500mb - 7500mb something like that. I do not know how to set memtest to test just one module :S Can someone tell me? Or has this run been enough to identify bad memory? Should i send these sticks inn?

Comment

Run memtest with only a single stick installed in slot 1, write down results then run the next stick, etc

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

well

I do not see the need to test each stick individualy. If there are errors , there are errors. Im sending the sticks back to newegg for replacements, and its a huge inconvenience cause i will not have a pc while this happens....

Comment

If it's a single bad stick, and you would want to, GSkill will normally RMA the single stick so you can keep running, it's best to do the whole kit to ensure you get replacements that are tested to work together, but some individuals don't want to go that route. Sorry for the problem

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

ah ok

I understand now, thanks for your help tman. Iv got another question kinda off subject now. Well 2 more tbh. 1. Can anything bad happen if the power supply is pluged into a surge protector that is pluged into the wall with a 2 prong plug that dosnt have a ground instead of a 3 prong plug with ground? And 2: I sometimes believe that my mobo is going bad or perhaps the bios is bad cause some of the ram settings stay at values that i input even when its set to auto so i have to set all the values manualy to insure they change :S And 3: Sometimes (very rarely) when i start up the pc it will restart before the boot screen loads or a few miliseconds after initial boot screen, does this point to a bad mobo or cn these issues be ram or are they the socket that its all pluged into(no ground)?

Thanks.

Comment

Should have a 3 prong, the third is the ground which is needed for discharge...if the BIOS isn't retaining the values, might want to reflash it...or.give thought to getting a new CMOS battery....or the mobo may be failing. The wanting to start and then restart seconds later could be a few things CPU.. a mobo headed south...an unusual setting in the BIOS, a failing PSU...

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X