Clear All

• compatibility, mobo cpu & ram warranties concerns

Hi and Happy Holidays All,

Memory: 2GB x 2 / PC3-12800- 1600MHz
    F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ

MoBo: ASUS M4A78LT-M
    DDR3 1800(O.C.)/1600(O.C.)/1333/1066
    , Express Gate, Hybrid CrossFireX

CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Rana 3.2GHz 3 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Desktop Processor ADX450WFGMBOX

I may have hastily changed my memory at the last minute to get more for my money; attractive promo codes.
    Still waiting for it to come in mail to assemble.
    1. My question should I return the memory and get something from QVL or other vendor tested compatibility lists?
    2. I don?t want to run this at 1600mhz and hope my board by default keeps it at 1333mhz but, will it be stable or even work?
    3. (under-clocking) If I change bios settings for my memory will it void my warranties on any hardware?
    4. Is it considered over-clocking when I have 1600 keep it 1333 and try for some better timings?
    5. What would be the best optimal timings recommended (low temp)?
    6. What should the voltage be in the bios?

Sincerely, Dan K.

1. It should work, may need a tweak or two, but your other questions address that.
    2. (((Why not?))) But anyway, the mobo should default to 1333, should be able to run just fine
    3. No
    4. No
    5. At 1333, think I'd try 8-8-8-24, 2N, 1.5 volts
    6. Start at spec, here 1.5, can the try lowering if you wish, or raising if needed.

Good possibility these will be plug and play at 1333, but you'll be sacrificing speed, with no need to.

Hope this helps

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X