• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question

I have at the moment
    G Skill F3-12800CL7-4GBRH x (2Gx2)
    timing: 7-7-7-24 @ 1.6 (great ram)

I want to buy another 2gb set, but I cant find the exact modules anymore.

So my question is if I bought

F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM (2Gx2)
    timing: 7-8-7-24 @ 1.6
    or
    F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH (2Gx2)
    7-7-7-24 @ 1.65

Will I still get full use of dual channel since all 4 modules aren't the exact same?

Not sure why you stopped making that module...never had a problem with them since day 1.

P7P55 WS SuperComputer
    i7 860 @ 3.6 (18x200)
    Asus 580 GTX
    2x 40gb Intel X25-V SSD
    300GB Velocity Raptor
    Corsair 850 PSU

Thx for your time

As far as I know they haven't been discontinued, they are Very popular, so it's hard to keep up with the demand....believe in part it's because of the ICs they use for this model are hard to get....You show having the RH (last two of the model number) sticks which are the RipJaws 'High' , you also note those in your list of possible along with the RM, the RipJaws 'Medium' (they also have a RL - RipJaws 'Low'.
    Not positive, but think it may have to do with either the density of the ICs or a GSkill performance rating, i.e. of individual ICs from testing.

Anyway, generally you'd be able to get them to work together, might take some tweaking or if lucky, they might just play well right off the bat.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thx for your reply. I'm pretty sure I could get them to work, but my problem is now I can only find Model F3-12800CL7D-8GBRH (4GB x2). Dam I have looked every where, even Ebay for the hell of it.

So now my question is will 2 sticks of 2gb work with 2 sticks of 4gb again not an exact match, but dam close in dual channel.

GSkill Model F3-12800CL7D-8GBRH (4GBx2)
      7-8-7-24 @ 1.6

with

Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH (2GBx2)
      7-7-7-24 @ 1.6

I mean it's gotta right? 12gigs *drool* I really don't know what I'm going to do with 12 gigs, but tell all my neighbors.

One more Question the Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH I have oc'ed to 1800 with just 1.625, and ran stable for 8 hours with prime. How far do you think these bad boys will go @ 1.65?
      Last edited by BigEasy; 12-23-2010, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Might be able to go a bit higher, though keep in mind it might not OC as well/much with additional sticks..on the 2x2 w/ 2x4 question, again, should be workable, prob want to go w/ the 4 GB sticks as primary install, ensure they are stable then add the 2x2....might then need minor tweaks...and twelve GB would be something to tell the neighbors about, but to then Wow them, could tell 'em it's mixed stick 4s and 2s.......prob very few will have any idea of what you are saying...be prepared to explain your mastery of DRAM....(and might expect to be asked for help when they want to upgrade - since a DRAM upgrade is one of the easiest speedups)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thx for your help. I just ordered them..figure what the hell why not. If I need any help getting them to work i'll let you know. Again thx for your time.

Comment

I think you'll be okay, might be minor tweaks with voltage and possibly tRFC, think the base timings will be fine though.

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X