Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RAM for AMD, why are flares so expensive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAM for AMD, why are flares so expensive?

Im STILL undecided on the RAM i want/need for my system.
    I would prefer to get G.Skill Flares but there are other cheaper options (tridents, ripjaws, kingston hyperx, geil, mushkin e.t.c.)

The options i have (wont include the ones that arent G.Skill, but i probably will be going with G.Skill anyway) are:

G.Skill Tridents: 2000 mhz 9-9-9-27 $127
    G.Skill Flares: 1800 mhz 9-9-9-24 $106
    G.Skill Flares: 2000 mhz 9-9-9-27 $154 (so expensive D

Why are the 2000 mhz flares so expensive? I would get them no questions asked for $130-140...

Thanks

On the Flares, newer model, newer ICs, also the sticks were designed w/ the AMD CPUs in mind....the Egg is showing the 2x2, 2000, for 139.99

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

would i notice much of a difference between the 1800 mhz and the 2000 mhz flares?

Comment

Primarily if you are running BenchMark programs or if you are heavy into video, photo work, some gamers or extreme multi-taskers........actually probably very few users overall. More likely to notice if it were 1600 and 2000, even with that many wouldn't notice

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Just go with the DDR3-1800 CL9 Flares. Or wait for the CL7's, those are slightly more but worth it. A little difficult to find at the moment since they are out of stock.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X