• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What chips do the following RAM have?

G.Skill Tridents 2000 mhz 9-9-9-27-2T
    G.SKill Pi 1600 mhz 6-8-6-24
    G.Skill Flare 1800 mhz 9-9-9-24

Also the 2000 mhz ripjaws/tridents are the same (pricewise), except for the heatspreader, which do you recommend? (GA-890FXA-UD5 and 1090T PhenomII)

Thanks

Edit: 4gb motherboard REV 2.1
    Last edited by Klinky; 12-20-2010, 09:38 PM.

For actual ICs, GSkill will have to chime in...all are good sets, the Flares are the newest design, the Tridents the fastest overall and have the most wiggle room for performance playing. Other thoughts, either 1800 or especially 2000 may be hard to hit unless you get a 'good' Thuban and also may depend on your mobo's BIOS...at this point think the GigaByte only support up to 1800, maybe a bit more 1866 or so....then again either the 1800 or the 2000 can be downclocked and the CL and timings tightened down to at a minimum = or better than the PIs at 1600.

Another thing Gskill will probably want to know is if your going to run 4 or 8 GB, that can also have an effect

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

1090T can run memory speeds of 2000 easily i have heard.
      The gigabyte 890fxa-ud5 REV 2.0 can run 1866 mhz RAM, whereas im getting the REV 2.1 which can run 2000 mhz RAM.

Comment

I'm sure GSkill will have more on the subject, they should be in sometime Tues

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

bump............

Comment

Haven't seen them today

Tman

Comment

Any of those will work fine. Just know that DDR3-2000 will require voltage tweaking, DDR3-1800 would be easier to achieve.

As far as specific chip information, I can not release that.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

How much voltage tweaking will ddr3-2000 require? If it runs stock 1.6v how high do you think i would need to go, 1.7?

Comment

May be a combo of CPU, NB, DRAM

Tman

Comment

CPU-NB Voltage not DRAM Voltage. The memory controller (CPU-NB) is only made for DDR3-1333, so if you have memory above that, you need to boost this voltage so it can support higher frequencies.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                    X