Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL and M4A785TD-V EVO does not boot up

Hi ,

I got a F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL to upgrade my memory to M4A785TD-V EVO. My PC was already running on F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL. The motherboard would not start the monitor when I use F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL . I tried the memory on all the slots but would not start. When i replace it with F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL the system works good. Is there anything i can do or try out before returning the memory back to newegg.com

Thanks,
    Senthilnadan

EVOs can be very picky with DRAM (very, very), and not only do you have different sets, but also different amounts, so it may take awhile and some tweaking. That being said, let's see what we can do, I'd suggest start with the 4GB sticks. Install them in the blue slots and boot up. If it boots okay, then go ahead and power down add the 2GB sticks in the black slots and boot once again. If any trouble at that point get back to us with your BIOS settings w/ all four sticks in. If it does boot all right with all 4 sticks then you can go into the BIOs and manually set the speed to 1600 and see if that boots okay, if not same as earlier, get back w/ BIOS settings. If it is okay then you can look at the settings and just let us know what you have if it's not to spec.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Make sure you have the latest BIOS. Only the latest BIOS is capable of the 4GB modules. Older versions could not support 4GB modules.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Updated to new BIOS and the memory got detected.

Hi,
        Updated the BIOS to the latest version and the memory is showing up. I now see all 12GB. But their speed show up as 1333

slot: DIMM2
        size: 4GiB
        width: 64 bits
        clock: 1333MHz (0.8ns)

is there anything i can do to have them clock at 1600Mhz

Thanks a lot for the quick fix.

Senthilnadan

Comment

Ensure the base timings are correct and raise the speed (1333 is the mobo default)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

You also need to set DDR3-1600, 9-9-9-24, DRAM Voltage 1.60V.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X