F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM with ASUS M4A87TD EVO BIOS config

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM with ASUS M4A87TD EVO BIOS config

I am looking for more stable BIOS setting for my use of F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM memory modules on the ASUS M4A87TD EVO motherboard.

The current setup is as follows:
    Timing: 7-8-7-24
    DRAM frequency: 1600MHz
    DRAM Voltage: 1.60 V

The remaining values are at their default settings, likely set to AUTO. Basically I'm looking to see if there is a list of more specific changes I can make... Perhaps command rate?

Also, I attempted to change the CPU/NB Voltage offset from 1.10V (default) to 1.20V after seeing a forum post about my ram/mobo but when I try to change this, the BIOS sets it to 0.7 (red text) I can't find any solution for this anywhere else online, so please help!

Thanks!

Do you have the latest BIOS? You may want to ask ASUS about the CPU-NB Voltage problem. What CPU do you have?

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for the reply. My other system specs are:

Corsair 650Watt TX Power Supply
      ASUS M4A87TD EVO Motherboard
      AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHz processor
      Western Digital 500Gb 7200 RPM hard drive
      Gigabyte Geforce GTX 460 video card

Also, yes I am using the latest BIOS, version 1005 for the EVO

Comment

What problems are you having? You have the right timings, you will want CR (Command Rate) at 2N....if stability issues might try raising DRAM voltage to 1.65, and like GSkill said check on the NB voltage thing, that shouldn't happen, may be a bad mobo

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have been having issues with crashing in a new system that I built a little over a month ago...

It's mostly a multimedia computer, and I purchased it specifically for the sake of upgrading and to be able to play COD Black Ops around the release date. Installation went pretty smoothly and the computer was up and running nicely until I got my first crash in the single player mode of Black Ops a few weeks after building. Since I had seen many other crash issues on the Black Ops forums, I assumed it was just the game. It was a blue screen, but the computer restarted before I got a chance to write down the error code. Shortly after that, my game started crashing in Multiplayer... First hard freezes, then a blue screen every so often complete with the speaker screech of death. I read some support forums and changed the config file in the game file which completely fixed the crash issue. Right around then I started getting random restarts of the system while in windows, unconnected to Black Ops. I tried to diagnose it as a driver issue, but that didn't seem viable. Then I started to get complete computer lock ups at any point in use. Couldn't ctrl alt delete out of those crashes. Then finally I got a BSOD with a general error code.

Looked up the error code and once again found many different things to try, none of which helped. I completely reformatted Windows 7 (64bit) and started over new again. Shortly after that, I started getting the hard freezes again. I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic a few times with no errors found, then I got a message stating 'hardware failure detected.' From what I know about the memory test is that it's somewhat iffy... and can be misleading. What I did to solve this issue was take out my first stick of ram (1 of 2, both 2gb) and ran the Memory Test again. This time, it came back clean.

Shortly after that I got freezes again, so I changed the timing and some of the BIOS configs, but I haven't reseated the ram or tried other memory slots because i did RMA a stick of my RAM to Gskill thinking it was a dead stick. The system feels a little more stable since I put those timings in... Before it was set to AUTO and the computer would have all sorts of different crashes and freezes even in the BIOS, which was terribly frustrating.

I can agree with the possibility of it being a bad motherboard, but it seems someone else on these forums had the exact same issue with the BIOS setting the cpu/nb voltage to .7 whenever they tried to change it. I will talk to ASUS as soon as possible about that issue.

I'd also like to add that it's definitely not a computer temperature issue, and it is unlikely that the hard drive is bad. I've been tweaking with the RAM for about a week to see if I could get any positive results... and so far the system has been running a little more stable. I realize it's still possible that it could be a power supply problem too, but first I'd like to rule out RAM before I move on.

Comment

Can you post your current BIOS settings, and yes we do have another with what appears to be the same sounding problems, will check if same hardware and be back after I see your BIOS settings

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Okay, I got most of the BIOS settings... some of them may not be necessary, but I copied them down just in case to be sure. During the BIOS adventure I just undertook, I got 3 hard freezes complete with a restart that gave me an error message "Overclocking failed! Press F1 to enter startup or F2 to reset to default settings" Perhaps that might narrow down some sort of issue? This is becoming a nightmare!

BIOS version 1005
              Target CPU frequency 3400 MHz
              Target DRAM frequency 1600 MHz
              CPU level up AUTO
              AI Overclock Tuner MANUAL
              CPU Ratio AUTO
              CPU Bus Frequency 200
              PCIE Frequency 100
              DRAM Frequency 1600 MHz
              CPU/NB Frequency AUTO
              HT Link AUTO
              CPU/NB Voltage Mode offset:
              CPU Voltage Offset 1.284 AUTO
              CPU/NB Voltage Offset 1.1000 AUTO
              DRAM Voltage 1.60000
              HT Voltage AUTO
              NB Voltage AUTO
              CPU Loadline AUTO
              CPU/NB Loadline AUTO
              CPU Spread Spectrum AUTO
              PCIE Spread Spectrum AUTO
              DRAM Command Rate 1T (other options are AUTO or 2T)

Comment

Working...
              X