F3-10666CL9D-4GBNQ/ GA-EP43T-UD3L / Pentium D 955 proper settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL9D-4GBNQ/ GA-EP43T-UD3L / Pentium D 955 proper settings

I will be putting together a machine using 8 gigs of F3-10666CL9D-4GBNQ (two 2 x 2GB kits)
    on a Gigabyte GA-EP43T-UD3L using a Pentium D 955.

I'm hoping to have this Assembly go smoothly and quickly as i live in Florida but will be in California for the build for Xmas

Normally i would put it together and play with it for a few hours / days/ weeks until I exhausted all my options before asking
    but my time is limited in cal. (and ill have 5 kids 1 girlfriend and a Border Collie watching me so i don't want to look like a complete noob)

I have searched the forms and google and cant seem to find any specifics on this combination

Any advice on the proper settings would be greatly appreciated as this is the family's Christmas present HTPC

Thank you in advance and happy holidays
    Doug

With that combo, you can anticipate some problems at spec potential. First the CPU is native 1066 and needs to run at 1333 (333 FSB vs 266 for the CPU), and getting 2 sets of sticks which can be troublesome, even when buying the same model.

So to get them to run you'll need to OC the CPU to get the front side up to 1333 and then probably play w/ the DRAM to get it to run, as I believe the P43 will default to an 1066 DRAM speed (though it may be 800).

To get running easiest at spec would be to go with a native 1333 CPU, E5500-E6500 or better and get the 8GB DRAM as a 4x2GB or a 2x4GB set (that way the sticks are pre-tested to work together).

If you go with your selections and leave things to Auto, you could possibly expect them to run out of the box at 1066 FSB and the DRAM at 800 or 1066)

Hope this helps!

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the input. Ill give it a try with your method and then upgrade cpu and rma the ram for a full kit in march, when i get back to cal.
      very gratiful
      Doug

Comment

Have fun, if any problems, give us a holler

Tman

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you sir YOU ROCK

Took your advice and orderd a Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz. that should reduce the issues by half. assuming all my other hardware is good i only have the two diffrent mem kits to worry about,
          thank you again
          Doug

Comment

Won't regret it, the E8400 will smoke the Pentium at stock settings and once it's been in a little while (give the thermal AS or whatever you chose time to cure, with an aftermarket cooler, the 8400 will run an easy 4 GHz.................could be in time to FLY come New Years!

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X