• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I buy the wrong memory?

F3-12800CL8D-4GBTD memory
    Motherboard is Asus P6TD Deluxe be running I7-950
    I hope I didn't buy the wrong stuff..

the i7 9XX chips are built for trichannel ram (3 physical sticks), you appear to have purchased a dual channel kit. I would suggest returning them for a 6GB kit. This isn't to say they wont work, as they will, but like I said the 9XX chips take tri channel (the 8XX i7's are LGA1156 and use dual channel).

Hope that helped, ToXic.
    Desktop - Ωarkest Ωawn
    i7 920 @ 4.00Ghz | Asus Rampage III Extreme | 6GB G. Skill Trident+ 2000Mhz | eVGA GTX 580 @ 850/1700/2200 | 120GB OCZ Vertex 2E | 1TB WD Caviar Black 7200RPM | Corsair HX1000W | Auzentech X-Fi Forte | LG Bluray Superdrive | LG DVD Superdrive | Asus VG236H 23" | Nvidia 3D vision | HAF X

Laptop - Asus G73JH-A1
    i7 720QM | ATI 5870 Mobile | 8GB DDR3 1066Mhz | 2x 500GB Seagate Momentus | Toshiba Bluray drive | Atheros AR9285 802.11n wifi adapter

Comment

Thanks I just going by Gskill listed supported Motherboards and my asus wasn't on the list.

Comment

The dual channel kit will work , primarily if running only one or 2 sticks at 1-4GB of DRAM it is aimed at users running a 32bit OS as those can only use up to about 3.5 GB of DRAM.. You'd want the sticks in slots A1 and B1 for Dual Channel operation. Bad thing is if you decide to upgrade the DRAM it can be harder, as not all sticks will play well together, even of the same model. Best to get as much as possible on the initial outlay

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

If you don't need much memory anyway, and 4GB is enough, this kit will be fine. But if you may need more in the future, you will need to purchase a completely new kit. Just want to make sure you are aware.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X