Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM (2Gx2) and ECS A790GXM-AD3‏

Hi.

I've recently purchased this G. Skill memory kit, that should run with Command Rate at 2T.

But I looked after that option in the BIOS of my motherboard, and couldn't find it.

Can I have trouble running the memory at 1T or not?

Could this damage the memory modules?

(I had problems with 2 memory sticks of another brand that died after sometime, they were also 2T and I runned them at 1T because I had no option)
    Last edited by Basketro; 12-17-2010, 08:09 AM.

Can check your manual, or look in the BIOS settings, should be in/near the DRAM timings or advanced settings if currently at 1 will probably show as a setting of 1N or 1T - should be the only setting like that, meanwhile I'll try and pull down a manual and find it

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have read the manual and did a quick search at google.

There is no Command Rate option in my motherboard BIOS.

I also made a search about Command Rate here at the GSKILL TECH FORUM and I found a topic that this other user that created the topic have a motherboard that doesn't have the option to change the Command Rate, such as mine.

You said him to run with the command rate at 1T, but with higher latencies or lower frequency. Doing this, can I run the memory with command rate at 1T with no problems?

I mean stability problems. Or maybe even damaging the memory.

My memory have a 1600Mhz 7-8-7-24-2N latency configuration. How would you recommend me to configure? 8-9-8-30-1N?

Comment

1T and 2T is a negligible difference, so just operate the memory at the timings it is rated for without worrying about what Command Rate is set to.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

If problems persist you can loosen timings as you indicated (or 8-9-8-27-1N) or drop speed to 1333 with the 7-8-7-24-1N

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X